Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've just installed this ROM. Looks great. However Youtube won't play HD videos (loading logo swirls then goes off comes back on forever with the odd snatch of audio) and IPlayer quality doesn't seem great despite selecting HQ in the settings. Is there something I need to do to up the video quality?
I presume also I need the Flash APK from somewhere as it doesn't show up in Play Store.
Cheers in advance.

MrSlaty

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use the youtube app from the market / Play on 7792 (same with 6039 previously).
Thanks for dipping in Wongsky.
I managed to install the froyo Youtube version with the Flash version you mentioned. No luck.

I installed the latest version from Play. Same results. Lower res youtube videos play as normal.
Foxed.

P.S its a 1633 if that makes any odds.
For the record latest Flash for 2.2 doesn't let me play Youtube HD either.
My broadband speed here is about 6MB. Should be enough.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tried that video on one of my stock (7792) Hannspads.

If I open the link and have it use the youtube app, it plays perfectly, with apparently HD enabled (tried it by touching the button and having it underlined in red, and not). No glitches, stuttering, or paused - just smooth, no frame drop. Didn't try then outputting it via HDMI, though.

If I had it open those in a browser version of youtube - either the stock browser (which I personally find works best for flash content), or opera and it just sat there doing nothing for a while - whether that's because it was trying to use youtube as a mobile site and doesn't like HD content, or just didn't want to play it, I'm not sure.

Edit: Something I've been meaning to mention, I tried one of the HD videos I had (think it was only 720p) and noticed a huge difference in MX video when I turned off hardware acceleration. This is all natively on the Hannspad, I wasn't using HDMI - when I played it using software decoding, it was glitchy with some frame drops, and there was something amiss with audio sync. When I played it back using HW acceleration it was perfect, no glitches, apparent frame drops or issue with audio sync, just smooth and perfect. So there's obviously a clear difference between software and hardware decoding even at not full HD resolution (eg 720p).
But plays back perfectly using the youtube app in HD, directly on the Hannspad, anyways.
Understood. I used the Youtube app (tried different versions too) and the mobile site in various browsers, but it refused to play. Whatever teh difference between yours and mine is, it isn't apparent. Oh well. Cheers anyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi all, Its been a while since I last messed with my Hannspad, I've downloaded a couple of the roms and tried to install the usual way with CWM, even upgraded that but when I try to install the rom I get e:cant open /emmc/update.zip (bad)
Any ideas? I'm a bit rusty at these things

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've an SN70T3 but cannot boot into recovery. When I press the vol + and power the tablet just boots as normal. I've tried the vol buttons and the work fine. Is there any way to force the tablet into recovery?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.