Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've installed the minimal stock+play but now my tablet don't boot. Got stuck on HANNSPREE logo.

I've copied the update.zip file to the root of internal memory. Then powered up with vol-up + power and entered the recovery. Applied the update.zip and tablet reboot after install.

I still can enter the recovery, but can't boot normally.

Any idea ?

Thanks.
Clear and wipe things then flash again...

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks very much for the built! it works perfectly.
just one thing, I can't get the g calendar work. all calendar apps I tried require to set the g calendar through setting. account &sync, but I can't find it in the setting of. this built.
can anyone give me an hint?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not true, I used cwm2.x to install the rom. I came from TeamDRH's ICS. Booted into Recovery, did a factory wipe, cache wipe and dalvik, flashed the update.zip, rebooted and all is well.

Works great, I really like it. Thanks to the OP for pre-rooting etc. I liked the ICS roms but as said by someone above, too much doesn't work properly. Everything just works now (not that I've tested HDMI or Mic yet)

Now to fix the the build.prop so my son can play angry birds again...thx again m8

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've installed the minimal stock+play but now my tablet don't boot. Got stuck on HANNSPREE logo.

I've copied the update.zip file to the root of internal memory. Then powered up with vol-up + power and entered the recovery. Applied the update.zip and tablet reboot after install.

Any idea ?

Thanks.
Hi same happened to me you need to look here and learn how to use NVflash
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25805-hannspad-backup-brick-recovery-ics-installation-destruction-guide/#entry276544 but use the non ICS version also flash with clockworkmod 5.5.0.4 from
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/36595-stock-7792-rooted-play/ after that you can flash anything you like

·
Registered
6 Posts

Any idea ?

Thanks.
Hi same happened to me you need to look here and learn how to use NVflash
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25805-hannspad-backup-brick-recovery-ics-installation-destruction-guide/#entry276544 but use the non ICS version
also flash with clockworkmod 5.5.0.4 from
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/36595-stock-7792-rooted-play/ after that you can flash anything you like

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with Angry Birds and changing the build.prop many times made no difference. I download the latest versions of Angry Birds games from playstore but they wouldn't run. I then copied the original Angry Birds that came with the stock rom & it works. That version of Angry Birds is v1.42 where as the one from playstore is v2.1.1.

It's probably all due to the fact stock rom is android 2.2. I did flash TeamDrh 5.3 rom and the latest Angry Birds worked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes I fear you are correct RinoZ.

I also have issues with this ROM with it not waking reliably, resulting in a random instant off on occasion too. Par for the course with custom ROMs i guess but with the stock rooted? Is something fundamentally flawed with our beloved hannspads? Sleep of Death is so common...

·
Registered
17 Posts
At this moment i have DRH 1.3 ICS installed. i'm sick of the little glitches, so i want to install stock 7792. I have cwm 5.X installed. Can i just clear data/cache/dalvik and install the update.zip file in te first post? Or will it go worng because if have a different partition because of ics...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just can't seem to get a build.prop configured on this ROM that allows all the Angry Birds apps to run ... can anyone help?
Hi, you need to the following steps to upgrade Angry birds:

1. Using Ex file explorer enable root access to /system under settings menu
2. Move / delete angry birds.apk from /system/apps directory.
3. Move / delete libangrybirds.so from /system/lib directory.
4. Power down the pad and reboot into CWM.
5. Clear cache and dalvik (under advance menu). DO NOT DO DATA/FACTORY RESET.
6. Reboot and install Angry birds from the market.

This works for me. Hope this helps solve your problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Fred, and thanks for your suggestions, that fixed it!

On my pad I did find that the angry birds apk's to delete were actually in /data/app/ and not in /system/app/

thanks again! my son will be very pleased that he can play all 4 of the angry birds games again

Edit: I should mention that the app "Zoodles" is great for locking the pad down, as well as customising the experience to the age of the child. Check it out if you have kids

MXPlayer works well for all the videos I've tried and I'm still trying out different browsers. Shame no Chrome on pre-ICS but this ROM is great once you've got it customised a bit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Started using this Rom from drh isc. Stability and speed is very good but I've been having difficulty with app compatibility.
I've heard this can be improved by changing the. Build prop. I've tried a couple of apps to try and do this and have tried to replicate the settings for the acer500 but after I exit the app it does not save the changed properties.
Could anyone help with what I may be doing wrong and let me know what app and build prop settings they have used to succesfully improve app compatibility on this Tom. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Started using this Rom from drh isc. Stability and speed is very good but I've been having difficulty with app compatibility.
I've heard this can be improved by changing the. Build prop. I've tried a couple of apps to try and do this and have tried to replicate the settings for the acer500 but after I exit the app it does not save the changed properties.
Could anyone help with what I may be doing wrong and let me know what app and build prop settings they have used to succesfully improve app compatibility on this Tom. Many thanks.
The stock rom is based on Froyo (Android v2.2) and therefore lacks the compatibility of later Android revisions. I don't think a build.prop edit will help.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
i bought a nexus 7 a couple of months back so my hannspad only gets used as a HDMI player (occasionally)
but since my roms were downloaded a couple thousand times i thought i would give it a little update (apps)

removed
android weather - would not update
holo lockscreen - i prefer stock

added
adblock
voice search

everthing else i updated...

http://www.mediafire.com/?o8q8x2c8fqt4v32

(adode reader force closes first time then works ok after that)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry to jump on a thread, but i am completely new to all of this and desperately in need of some help to root an old Hannspad I have had lying around.

All of the files in the guide i found on here are no longer there and I dont have a clue how else to do it?

Could anyone please help or point me in the right direction? I basically just wanted a standard Android OS on the tablet so I can give it to my little cousin as a Christmas present!

I am not very IT orientated, but I have a friend who will be able to help if someone can point me in the right direction to begin with...

PLEASE HELP!???

Thanks,

Nic

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.