Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
back up first i will not be held responsible if anything gos wrong

just stock with root & play

http://www.mediafire.com/download/59hiw9op5hrbwow

...................................................................................................

stock 7792 rooted, play, recovery minimalist rom (add your own apps)

recovery 4
holo locker
holo launcher
play store
superuser
es file explorer

new link
http://www.mediafire.com/?5nvm4kdm4ktrqjb

...................................................................................................

stock 7792 rooted, play, recovery & apps

stock 7792 with all features
rooted
clockworkmod 4

ive tryed to replace most of the built in apps with newer free apps

added/upgraded...
hololauncher - needs configured - (free ics launcher from xda)
playstore
adobe reader
superuser
es file explorer
google play music
Jorte Calendar
android weather
pulse news
gallery 3d
dolphin browser
kingsoft office
k9 email
mx player - you will have to get the tegra2 codec of play store
holo lockscreen
boot animation

another new link (11:48pm)
http://www.mediafire.com/?st1hb1odmal5cio

adobe reader - is an older version & will needed updated
(sorry again..)

updated stock 7792 rooted, play, recovery & apps 21/10/2012

http://www.mediafire.com/?o8q8x2c8fqt4v32

thanks to gram for the links to the stock 7792 rom

ClockWorkMod Recovery

stock recovery
ClockWorkMod 2.5.1.1
ClockWorkMod 4.0.1.4
ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.2
ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 Touch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great work! I have been running the stock update for a few days and it has been great.
A note about CWM, I always run into problems when flashing the stock roms with cwm. one way or another I will end up with SOD problems. I always flash stock in CWM, let it overwrite my recovery and then flash again as an update.zip before reflashing cwm.

Call me crazy but I find the results far more stable, and if I remember correctly, cwm doesn't have the rights that the stock recovery has.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@scdsone

i've downloded the one with holo-launcher but now i dont have the stock browser or am i wrong?
yeah its the minimalist rom so theres no apps you have to add your own

ill try & start the "stock 7792 rooted, play, recovery & apps" rom today which will just have the same apps as my 6039 rom unless anyone can suggest better apps (i dont want to keep any stock apps as i want to make it as much updated as i can)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@sdcsone: nice job, but is there any particular reason for including CWM 4 over 2 or 5? I found 4 to be less 'stable'.
i prefer the touch recovery by TeamDRH but i used recovery 4 for 9 months without a problem so thats why i used it
i tryed recovery 5 once & i got stuck in a boot loop & had to use NVFlash so i never tryed it again
ive never tryed recovery 2 so i cant comment on that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice work sdcsone. ics is great eye candy but too much doesn't work. I actually like the latest stock Rom without any additional launcher. One app I always install is file expert, gives lots of sharing options. I like to use FTP to transfer files between my hannspad and pc so I would replace es file explorer with that.

thebigman

·
Registered
35 Posts
HW acceleration is definitely in place on the stock ROMs, I've tested with plenty of video through mx player, and practically all of it plays with HW acceleration. When I run ICS 4.04 (WolfMod) ONLY semi-high-def (720p) mp4 container video (recorded on my Nokia N8) plays with HW acceleration.

Can't say as I've specifically tested HD youtube videos, but I've certainly played lots of youtube stuff on my Hannspad without incident on the stock ROMs, pretty much exclusively using the app, though, rather than through a browser. I've not really paid attention to youtube stuff, recently, though, is it flash based or HTML5?
With the "froyo" youtube app (*.apk)i can watch HQ high quality witouth any probs...
dunno if its 720p or 1080 but the app works nice

·
Registered
35 Posts
this may be another noob question but bare with me....does it mater if I have a 1633 model of the Hannspad, I mean is a stock rom in any way different for a 1633 model vs a 1653 model?
No, don't think it's different i'm running this ROM on my 1633 like a charm!!

Thanks again @ sdcsone

p.s. how can i get any calendar synced to google's calendar? anyone got a How-to ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all! I've been using FB10.3 a few months ok, but i decided back to stock rom with this awesome launcher. It's really great!. I found only a problem with this rom. Agry birds don't work, only seassons one, but the other 3 not. I remember that I had the same trouble before FB whith previous stock rom and that I solved, but I don't remember how. Any suggestions?. Regards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all! I've been using FB10.3 a few months ok, but i decided back to stock rom with this awesome launcher. It's really great!. I found only a problem with this rom. Agry birds don't work, only seassons one, but the other 3 not. I remember that I had the same trouble before FB whith previous stock rom and that I solved, but I don't remember how. Any suggestions?. Regards.
Maybe they need android version2.3 to work?...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Should VPN work with this?

Had Hannstitan and it didn't work on that. Installed this ROM instead but checked and still getting the same 'Cannot connect' message.

Do I need to do anything to get it working or is VPN still not possible?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Angry birds don't work...
maybe something to do with the "build.prop"
i think i remember games not working on my phone & people editing the "build.prop" to get them to work
i would not know what to do if it was far above my pay grade

Should VPN work with this?
if it works with the stock rom it should work with this rom (ive only added/deleted .apk files i havnt touched anything else)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've installed the minimal stock+play but now my tablet don't boot. Got stuck on HANNSPREE logo.

I've copied the update.zip file to the root of internal memory. Then powered up with vol-up + power and entered the recovery. Applied the update.zip and tablet reboot after install.

I still can enter the recovery, but can't boot normally.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.