Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
I've had same experience.. tried most of the workarounds and some of my own.. they may work sometimes but then not..I have just resorted to turning it off when I am through and waiting for boot when I need it.Like you, for my uses, it is doing really well except for this one thing.. I am hopeful that as the experts dig around, they will eventually understand the sleep issue to the point that they can come up with a solution that works for everyone all the time.

· Registered
846 Posts
cosmos;43228 said:
I did reinstall the 7/24 code without GE and found the sleep problem still exists but is easier to solve...i.e. fewer problems to contend with.
Cosmos.. I am seriously considering going back to 7-24fw since I don't use market very often and the modified 7-24 fw that nchntrman did gives ready access to non-market app repositories..Do you recall what you had to do to make sleep work properly (or nearly so) in the 7-24 version?

· Registered
846 Posts
cosmos.. I agree nchntrman's FW is good. I just installed it and added a few favorite apps.. Like you, I flashed back to stock 7-24 first and did a short sleep test.. 10 min or so.. it stayed asleep.With the modified fw, I have now had it sleeping for 1 1/2 hr ok. No auto wake-ups.I won't add my email setup until tomorrow after I have a good baseline on sleep. I think I can live without GE since I will leave set-up somewhat static and can use web based repositories, I think... Market is fun, however and awfully handy.. I hope someday the experts get the sleep thing figured out..Thanks for all the info you have posted.. good stuff...

· Registered
846 Posts
Update of Post above.. PDN woke up on its own after several hours (prob 2-4.. I was asleep).. I had let it go to sleep naturally.. On wi fi.. it would reconnect after short sleeps earlier in evening.. eventually it would not reconnect no matter how many times I connected/disconnected and scanned..I am now testing with having put it to sleep with switch and will report..I had hoped the absence of GE would allow better sleep performance and more reliable wi fi.. so far I think it is better, but not 100% fixed.This is all with nchntrman's modded 7-24fw.. I am liking this particular fw mod really well. thanks nchntrman!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.