Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This guy on YouTube said he plugged his 2.5mm headphones in and only had mono. Thanks for confirming that!

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah, it's probably the app, not teh jack, although with teh build quality he very well could have gotten a bad jack or something. his adaptor might be a bit off too, who knows. I tested with a Futurama episode in the default Movies player, could clearly and distinctly hear the left and right tracks on the intro.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Some adapters might actually be combining the channels and making it mono, so it depends on what you get. Make sure the adapter keeps the channels separate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Checked two Radio Shacks in my area, Nada. Off to Ebay I guess? Maybe Augen should just provide the free adapter instead of 2.5mm headphones.

·
Registered
146 Posts
actyually someone on another forum said they emailed a complaint to augen and the respondent said they would mail one out.whether it was received or not......

·
Registered
146 Posts
actyually someone on another forum said they emailed a complaint to augen and the respondent said they would mail one out.whether it was received or not......

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Just use 2.5mm to male to female 3.5mm adapter then use a stereo pair of 3.5mm headphones. Any cell phone stereo headset with 2.5mm work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered this item from Meritline and it provides good stereo sound: 2.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female Stereo Metal Body Plug Adapter 1 Pack Item Number 600-717-0012.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female Stereo Metal Body Plug Adapter - Meritline.comSome adapters are mono only (the two I had onhand were). The item seems to be of good build quality and is a good fit but a right angle plug would be desirable as it is 7/8 inch long when inserted into the jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts