Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am just awaiting delivery of my PiPo M1 Max with Android 4.1 on board. I have been reading a number of forums relating to the need to flash and the steps to take - most informative have been Slatedroid, Flashmyandroid and Topnotchtablets.

What I want to know is:

1) Will I have to flash my tablet to have an English native Android 4.1 OS?
2) Do I have to fash the tablet with this firmware first? Forum Link
3) Do I have to install the ADB drivers on the PC before I start the process? TNT Genera Info
4) Once I have installed the Pipo Max M1 Jelly Bean Release 3 Firmware Image from TNT will my tablet still be auto-updated?
5) Is there anything else (except for the 'flash at your own risk' warning!) that I need to know before I start the process?

Sorry if these are naive questions but the only time I've tried rooting an android device (a phone a couple of years ago) it was a complete failure, so I'm a little bit nervous about having to do it on this new tablet!

Many thanks, Chrubble

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Chrubble

1. Android supports English language so you can set it to English in the settings\language & input section
2. The firmware you linked is for an M3 and is old - it might work but I wouldnt want to try it. Latest offical November 2012 M1 ROM is: M1 software_4.1.1_20121119 from PiPOs website. This is stock, unrooted and includes some chinese apps (that you can easily remove once done).
3. No you do not need ADB drivers if you just want to flash your tablet to latest version
4. TNT firmware is custom not stock and v3 is not based on the latest PiPO firmware - up to you why you want to use custom rom (eg do you need Root or some of the nice add-ons Roman has included?)
Personally until you know your M1 is working I wouldnt put a custom rom on incase it needs to go back to get fixed. Both stock and custom roms on these chinese tabs dont auto-update. Google Play store will still allow your apps to auto-update though so not quite sure what you mean.
5. Things to do - go to TNT website and get the English RK Batch tool and the TNT RK3066 flashing guide. Print the guide of and follow the instructions - very well written. On Windows XP it first time didnt install drivers properly for me - unplugging the tablet and reconnecting worked.

J

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John - That's helpful. I'll wait and see what arrives in the box next week

All the best,

Chrubble

1 - 3 of 3 Posts