Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
**** You must have the Android SDK installed with all of the latest drivers and software from Augen before even starting this!****1. Do Root (HERE)2. Do Recovery (HERE)3. Do Update.zip using (HERE - put on root of SD card and flash using Clockwork)4. Install "Auto Memory Manager"5. Set "Auto Memory Manager" to agressive with Superuser permissions6. Get SetCPU 2.02 (HERE) and have the Setcpu.txt on the base of your SDcard - Adjust to allow the CPU to go to a max of 660mhz or 720mhz7. Run SetCPU and put on performance or on-demand depending on preferences. 8. Boot into Recovery and Make a Backup (Nandroid)9. Remove all Telephony or non-wifi data services. (this might wreck your Market, so back up)From your command line (sdk-tools)adb remountadb devicesadb shell#cd /system/app (this will change your disk to system/app you may also change to another folder as well)#ls -a #rm Telephonyprovider.apk#rm Phone.apk#rm TalkProvider.apk#rm Talk.apk#rm gtalkservice.apk (may not need to do this one...just for good measure)#exit adb reboot10. Enjoy!BTW- if anyone else knows of others that might be affecting this, please say so and include instructions.*BIG CREDIT TO AUGENDEV!*

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote name='Childofthehorn;36131]**** You must have the Android SDK installed with all of the latest drivers and software from Augen before even starting this!****1. Do Root ([URL=http://augendev.wikispaces.com/How+To+Root]HERE[/URL])2. Do Recovery ([URL=http://augendev.wikispaces.com/Custom+Recovery]HERE[/URL])3. Do Update.zip using ([URL=http://www.sendspace.com/file/frinqj]HERE[/URL] - put on root of SD card and flash using Clockwork)4. Install "[URL=http://augendev.wikispaces.com/file/view/AMM1_81.rar]Auto Memory Manager[/URL]"5. Set "Auto Memory Manager" to agressive with Superuser permissions6. Get SetCPU 2.02 ([URL=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419]HERE[/URL]) and have the Setcpu.txt on the base of your SDcard - Adjust to allow the CPU to go to a max of 660mhz or 720mhz7. Run SetCPU and put on performance or on-demand depending on preferences. 8. Boot into Recovery and Make a Backup (Nandroid)9. Remove all Telephony or non-wifi data services. (this might wreck your Market' date=' so back up)From your command line (sdk-tools)adb remountadb devicesadb shell#cd /system/app (this will change your disk to system/app you may also change to another folder as well)#ls -a #rm Telephonyprovider.apk#rm Phone.apk#rm TalkProvider.apk#rm Talk.apk#rm gtalkservice.apk (may not need to do this one...just for good measure)#exit adb reboot10. Enjoy!BTW- if anyone else knows of others that might be affecting this, please say so and include instructions.*BIG CREDIT TO AUGENDEV!*[/QUOTE']Can anyone explain the do update.zip part? or how to start the clockworkmod image after installed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is still some disconnect happening there. It might be related to when you did the update that happened from Augen's site. They required that you hold the back button and clockwork requires that you hold the home button. Augen did not put in a defacto fastboot or hboot, etc. like HTC and a lot of other big companies would have. Still....IMO not a big deal!

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='MrSmith317;37180]quick question' date=' I have setcpu running but I'm still only getting 600mhz. I thought setcpu O/C won't work without a custom kernel[/QUOTE'] SetCPU can still do things like up the min Mhz. However, you will not be able to OC without a custom kernel.

·
Registered
784 Posts
After doing these steps, i notice (on my X5 pad) that the wifi seems to encounter a sort of 'race' condition and turns on/off under ADB, because it's trying to fall back to hdspa/wifi constantly. Does this also occur on the Augen ?(I think this does not help battery life. I'd keep Telephonyprovider.apk and Phone.apk at least, to avoid this.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been using ADB constanty and haven't noticed anything with it turning on and off. The GAPS problem only shows up for me at startup and then never again...even if I am using the Gmail app. My battery life has gone up as has my linpack score (get a full 5.1 MFLOPS as compared to 2.8 with the stock and 3.8 after updates/cache/augen stuff....whew?). Biggest difference for my use is for videos and pictures. I can load a 720p divx onto it and play it with Meridian or rockplayer whereas before it was ALWAYS hanging up. The Cell standby that happens on this machine is just plain nuts and kills the battery. Now My battery stats are: Display: 65%Wifi: 25%Tablet-PC idle: 12%That is a BIG difference from when cell standby was 49% of my total battery before. Yes, it seems to mess up the app store, but considering that you could only really get an android id from 1.6 before, it is fine with me. I have an EVO and use My Backup along with Drop Box, etc. so I am fine. If you are new to android, I would say that this is not the device to learn and appreciate android on. Buy a 1Ghz android phone for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the patches, updates and market fix (which wiped out all the pre-loaded apps and what I had loaded). This was no issue since I could still side-load and some of the pre-loaded apps were not that necessary to me. The market fix didn't work for me after following the steps and adding the android id. I was able to adb load the file manager app and load the rest of my .apk files I had. Yesterday I loaded Kindle and Nook apps. The device is quite responsive now and people I've demo'd it too were quite amazed by the device. I still have to add setcpu. Advanced Task Killer is a must have. I also loaded an antivirus app...not sure how necessary it is. So far happy with the device. Wish I cold find a second one.The site below has .apk freeware files (in case you cannot get to the market):Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
cutterjohn;37835 said:
According to thisxda-developers - View Single Post - [Official] Augen Gentouch78 Rooting and Development [Working Android Market!]it would appear that the "talk provider" is the one that causes problems IF removed... probably comes with some extra libraries that other apps depend upon.
Market did not work for me got gapps force close message then download would not start.I made copies before I removed the apk's. So I pushed TalkProvider.apk back and market is now fine.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Childofthehorn;37234 said:
Hmm.... mine does go up to 660mhz - did you try a reboot?
I changed my setcpu.txt removed the first value 36000 and comma then added ,660000 at the end.so now my min is 122MHz and I can set max to 660Mhz.But when I have SetCPU open and can see the current clock speed nothing I do makes it read higher than 600Mhz.So as blazingwolf said can't overclock without custom kernel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello everyone,I did these commands(the ones to remove telehpony data services) and now the device stucks on the "android" booting logo,not the first green one,the second!what can i do?i have allready tryed to push the apps back in(i can connect to the device with adb strangely) but it's still not booting!

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote name='goroth;38353]Hello everyone' date='I did these commands(the ones to remove telehpony data services) and now the device stucks on the "android" booting logo,not the first green one,the second!what can i do?i have allready tryed to push the apps back in(i can connect to the device with adb strangely) but it's still not booting![/QUOTE'] Hopefully you installed Clockwork recovery first and did a nandroid backup!! If you did just boot into recovery and restore. If you didn't...I think you could push the original factory image back onto the phone but I'm not totally sure. Hopefully someone wiser will chime in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.