Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi slate droid members,i have followed the button/home hack and i now love my novel. it is the perfect ereader. i have nine home options and apps galore.i got another one that i want to have no pandigital anything just android 2.0. can i do that?i want to do the google exp/market hack on this one.are there any instructions/download/link i can follow? i've done a search and i found something that i can't find again. isn't that always the way?also if i get this working is there a way to get the novel to use more of the internal sd instead of the external sd?thanks ever so much for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
You need to search. There is discussion of this in several threads, notably the beginners guide, the consolidated hack, and the modified firmware thread. you should see them in the board string. If I get a chance later I will look, but my understanding is that the PD stuff is not so obtrusive that you need to bother to remove it once you change the home.

·
Registered
846 Posts
untilnoon.. as someone who has recently gone through this and am very happy with the result, let me suggest:http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigita...24-8-6-versions-market-volume-hack-built.htmlfollowed by http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigita...n/4809-fix-notification-bar-enabled-boot.htmlThis gives you the vol button hack, an alternate launcher (native Google, Google Experience and the Market.. the second piece enables the notification bar, thus allowing you to place some things there that will be available from several apps without backing out to the home screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lawman: i had seen the modified firmware thread but i wasn't sure if that was a complete replacement or just a few changes. so i thought i would ask.davidr:thanks for the link i will be looking into that.will i be able to remove things like the adobe software that comes with the pd? will the boot screen be the pd screen?thanks, i can't wait to get started.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The things I suggested won't remove anything.. you may be able to do this later, depending on the app..The boot screen will be the PD one.. the home screen (launcher) will be the Google stock screen.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
there is a modified fw thread that allows you to keep userdata and not overwrite everything with the fw update. The Pandigital fw upgrade "blanks" the device.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the replies and help. i'm sorry it took s long to reply. the site would not load since i last logged off.i will be attempting the hacks in a few days. i'll let you know how it goes.thanks again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was under impression it was included in altered 8-06, together with DVM/JIT hack. In any case, I did mine separately, one at a time. (lost haptic sounds somehow -- compared to stock 8-06 -- anyone knows how to turn them back on? are they launcher-dependable? I'm on Panda, but I think Home also gives me no sound on keyboard key presses, as stock 8-06 had)In other words, untilmoon, "Newbie How to guides" works still. I hope one day it will turn into one single app, or WinXP .exe. All is missing from it, as I see it, is a better splash screen full of our great Guru's nicks who made it possible. And I don't think Pandigital who are, as somebody wittingly called them, three dogs and a man in a garage, deserve to be mentioned. Maybe just like another victim of the GOOG's wrath

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi.

first i would like to say thank you to all the people who make this forum possible and to the modders who make it possible for me to download these files without understanding how the mods work.

i have a wpdn and i did the home and volumn hacks and i loved how it worked. i've been wanting to get away from the native pdn software but that wasn't possible at the time.

i just bought another wpdn so i could install the market hack and i saw the open platform option. i went for jackbox op v3.0.1.

the new wpn had the market hack, the default home with lock screen, vol hack and the pd reader still worked. (that indicated it was still pd framework. right?) it also had kindle and nook on it. kindle worked, market worked but nook didn't.

terms:
isd - internal sd card
esd - external sd card
vplus - volumn up button

steps i followed:

backed up all apk
deleted all apk from isd
format esd
copied recovery.zip to esd
inserted esd
flashed using the power/vplus
saw pdn blue screen
saw the android status bar
saw default home
shutdown pdn
formated esd
copied op v3.0.1 zip to esd
inserted esd
flashed using the power/vplus
saw black
away from novel for a time
returned and saw the pdn home screen and vol hack was gone

i read the entire Alternate WPDN firmware: PD Open Platform based UI (functional beta) thread to see if anyone else had this result.

so i'm going to start from scratch.

can i format or flash the isd with adb?

if so how would i proceed.

if not can i flash the recovery to the isd with adb?

if so how would i proceed.

what did i do wrong to get this result?

one might ask why not open the wpdn?
well i won't learn anything about using adb that way.
any info you need to help me get this working will be given forthwith.
also i'm using unbutu now. can i use adb on unbutu?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think a lot of things got lost in the latest system burp.  I can't access the links in this thread either, and my post count and previous posts seem to have gone ~poof~. :-

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
welcome to this week's episode of "growing pains...."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi all,

just an fyi. this thread is not about starting from scratch in slatedroid. it's about trying to start from scratch in putting opp on my wpdn. i've had a weird result an was hoping for help.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Yes, but we're all shaking off the dust of what amounted to a forum wide nuclear holocaust.

PD has its own open FW that has no PD stuff on it. Otherwise, you are best off running a modified fw and leaving the PD stuff in case you want it later. What is your current setup on that machine, incidentally? Make any changes yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi lawman,

i didn't want people who were expecting help recovering from the holocaust looking to this thread when real help might be elsewhere.

i wanted the open framework without pd stuff on it, since this is my second one. since i did the flash spoken of earlier in the post i haven't done anything to it so it has the original pd stuff and interface.

before the flash:
"the new wpn had the market hack, the default home with lock screen, vol hack and the pd reader still worked. (that indicated it was still pd framework. right?) it also had kindle and nook on it. kindle worked, market worked but nook didn't."

i read you can flash the internal sd card without opening the wpdn. i was hoping for help to do that.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
"Flash the internal sd card..."?

Not sure what you're looking for here. When you "flash", you flash the internal memory, which is not the same as the internal sdcard. You can plug the device into your computer, access the internal sdcard, put a .zip firmware on the internal sdcard, take out the external sdcard, and then flash the device FROM the internal micro sd card by following the normal process ... You need to make sure you don't have any other .zips on the internal card.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Links to threads seem to be working now, but old links directly to individual posts are just going to the top of the thread. Old links to forums bork with a 404 error. Our server guru knows and is trying to rework the redirect script.

Meanwhile, if you see a link that needs fixed, note it in my thread titled "Broken Link Workshop" and we can try to fix it by hand.

Okay, hijack complete. Carry on.

Sent from my Hacked PDN TriCorder via Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts