Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Link http://www.visture.com/spec.asp

OK below is the spec sheet details of the V1 and I will make comments/speculations in following posts, please post questions and I will talk to them to get some answers.

Display

·9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
·1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
·Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
·Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Wireless and cellular

Wi-Fi model

·Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
·Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology

Wi-Fi + 3G model

·UMTS/HSDPA(850, 900, 1900, 2100MHZ)
·GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
·Data only2
·Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
·Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology

·Google Map for position (Need access to internet with Wi-Fi or 3G network)

In the box

·V1
·Power Adapter
·Documentation

Capacity

·8GB memory built in, Micro SD slot support up to 32G

Processor

·Dual Cortex-A9 CPU, RAM 512M, high-performance, super low-power consumption

Operation system

·Google Android 2.2/2.3

Sensors

·G-Sensor
·Ambient light sensor

Camera

·Front facing camera 0.3MP
·Rear camera 3.2MP

Audio/Video playback

·Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
·Audio formats supported: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC, AAC, 8-48 KHz.
·Video:AVI, 3GP/MP4, FLV, MKV, MOV, Support up to 1920x1080 Pixels video play back

Mail attachment support

·Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and docx(Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)

Languages

·Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Russian...

·Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), (QWERTY), Simplified Chinese (Handwriting and Pinyin)

Battery and power

·Built-in 25W rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
·Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music③
·Up to 8 hours of surfing the web using 3G data network④
·Charging via DC power adapter

Input and output

·DC Charger
·Mini HDMI
·Mini USB
·Micro SD slot
·3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
·Built-in speaker x 2
·Microphone
·SIM card tray (Wi-Fi + 3G model only)

External buttons and controls

· On/Off, Sleep/wake
· Volume up/down
· Home, Back, Menu, Search

Compatible PC system

·Microsoft Windows, Mac
·With USB 2.0 port

Environmental requirements

·Operating temperature: 32°to 95°F (0°to 35°C)
·Nonoperating temperature: -4°to 113°F (-20°to 45°C)
·Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
·Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Comments/speculations

While at the moment samples are running Android 2.2 the v1 will have 2.3.1 on launch sometime in July.

Having used the Herotab M10v2 with its IPS multi-tiuch screen Im presuming that the v1 will have a similar screen, looking at the video shows it to have pinch & zoom and I guess two finger image rotation but I will be asking if its a 2 point or more multi-touch screen.

The CPU speed hasnt been said and I will be asking what model and what speed it has.

Biggest point I see as making this tablet stand out from other similar one is the battery claims, now if indeed the v1 can go 10 hours on wifi or 8 hours on 3G this will be a major factor other tablets cannot match currently !

Price point for the tablet and also the v case and actual release date I need to confirm.

Rog.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hi,

I am a reseller for the RENA3 (The 7" device that was, as far as I know, the first device to feature Renesas Dual Core). This is obviously a much nicer device. I am excited to hear it will be getting Android 2.3. All of the folks in the RENA forum have been waiting for this
so perhaps it is coming nearer. My only concern is that the GPU (PowerVR SGX530) that comes with this SOC is not very powerful and trying to run games (3D games in particular) at a resolution of 1024x768 could be rather tough. Aside from that concern, this looks like a really nice, polished device

I was wondering about pricing? Does anyone have a clue at this point?

Thanks!

Roman

http://topnotchtablets.com

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Comments/speculations

While at the moment samples are running Android 2.2 the v1 will have 2.3.1 on launch sometime in July.

Having used the Herotab M10v2 with its IPS multi-tiuch screen Im presuming that the v1 will have a similar screen, looking at the video shows it to have pinch & zoom and I guess two finger image rotation but I will be asking if its a 2 point or more multi-touch screen.

The CPU speed hasnt been said and I will be asking what model and what speed it has.

Biggest point I see as making this tablet stand out from other similar one is the battery claims, now if indeed the v1 can go 10 hours on wifi or 8 hours on 3G this will be a major factor other tablets cannot match currently !

Price point for the tablet and also the v case and actual release date I need to confirm.

Rog.
CPU speed (based on the RENA3) is more than likely 533 Mhz per core. Which sounds slow but this processor is pretty powerful and gets a lot done per clock cycle. Cortex-A9 is extremely efficient vs Cortex-A8 so making clock speed comparisons is like comparing apples and oranges. Some say that the chip truly runs at 1 Ghz per core but I don't think this is the case...

In regards to battery life... YES... My Rena3, which has a smaller battery, easily gets 7 hours of USE with WiFi turned on. I actually leave it on all day most of the time (like 12 - 14 hours which,granted, includes a fair bit of standby) and it does just fine.

You should do some reading in the RENA3 forum, a lot of us have been toying with this SOC for some time now

Cheers!

Roman

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its using the NEC EV2 chip and so should match that of the Rena3 I guess, 533Mhz's per core.
Also the retail price is $280, which I must admit is good - £175 in real money

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Its using the NEC EV2 chip and so should match that of the Rena3 I guess, 533Mhz's per core.
Also the retail price is $280, which I must admit is good - £175 in real money
Considering how much $$ has been de-valued lately I would almost tend to agree
. But we won't go there lol.

The speed of the chip is seemingly a bit of a mystery. The majority of us seem to more or less agree that it is most likely 533mhz per core. I have seen it listed as 1 Ghz per core AND oddly enough something like 600mhz on one core and 433mhz on the other. Go figure...

Like I said above though, I really don't care what the speed of a processor is, in fact, the slower the better in the sense that this usually means better battery life and more overclocking headroom (if you are into that kind of thing). I like it when a processor is highly efficient. 1ghz is just there for marketing in most cases... No one (informed) would ever compare, for instance, a 1Ghz ARM11 part with a 1Ghz Cortex A8 part. They may be running at the same speed but the architecture is so vastly improved on the A8 that there really is no comparison. Sorry to ramble so, I find this kind of stuff very interesting lol.

Cheers,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
As for the GPU have you tried using Chainfire 3D yet ?
I tried it but I was unable to get it to work for anything.
... There is a thread about it in the RENA3 forum. I am going to try to update my device to one of the modded 0616 firmware's and see if that fixes it. That modded firmware apparently has better market access so perhaps I can get the newest version of chainfire.

-Roman

·
Registered
153 Posts
This device looks pretty promising as well, if NEC can keep giving the manufacturers good support for later versions of androids, i think it'll do great.

The Rena3 will also benefit from this greatly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sweet, its going to be a tough choice between this and the G Tablet.

@bentusi, nice to see I'm not the only Homeworld fan here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts