Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After successfully updating with new fw and testing, then adding the key hack and panda home and testing. The PDN seems to have bricked sortof. I cant reboot - it tries to - shows the start up but wont bring up either home or any screen. I can connect via usb and see the PDN sd card and the external SD card. I tried the adb commands but the device does not respond? I took back off and tried unsuccessfully to disconnect the battery lead (fingers too big). Any ideas any one else stuck here. I will add Panda Home was working great - fast and nice then - blank screen. Cant reboot holding power and volume either, only reset work

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
try wedging with a bladed screwdriver to pull the battery. Did you try the little reset hole with a paperclip? Did you try a reflash?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Put the firmware zip onto the SD card (using an external reader if you have to). Hold down the power button and the volume up button while pressing the reset button. (Someone may need to help you with this, as it is kind of hard). Keep holding both the power and volume up button until you see the recovery screen come up and hopefully it should start flashing your zip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried all those things then... I noticed a beep after I banged on the device with my fingers stretched out like I was poking them through, ok not cool. So I thought "it's alive", and took the device in a very dark place, and you could see the faintest of displays, I tried to remember the options screen and was able to get it up and selected it and there it was. I reset to factory setting and it seems ok. Now to reload the volume button hack and Panda home.Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
banging is not recommended, just for future reference...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.