Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
As far as I know Sony is using Adobe DRM protected ePub formats for their books since around this time last year. Before that they were using a Sony only proprietary DRM format. I highly doubt Sony intends to release a reading app for android. Sony isn't as intelligent as Amazon and B&N, to see that they would be gaining a market, not losing one, by doing that. I found an article that says by installing Adobe Digital Editions, you can sideload sony ebooks into the nook for android app:Dear Jane: Can I Read Books Bought at the Sony Store on the Nook and Vice Versa | Dear AuthorJust make sure you are not using the newer firmware (the 08/06 firmware breaks the nook app "fix" to make it work on the PDN, so stick with the 07/27 firmware).I

· Registered
59 Posts
No that bug did not effect borders/kobo.Those apps have a separate issue, where you have to start them the first time (before you link your account) with the Wifi OFF. Then open the app, then turn the wifi on (with the App still running), and then login or create your account. After that they work fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.