Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ECRT20 here, have solved prroblem on how to install apps. But now I would like to know if there is an app the will let me read my Sony ePub library out there. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As far as I know Sony is using Adobe DRM protected ePub formats for their books since around this time last year. Before that they were using a Sony only proprietary DRM format. I highly doubt Sony intends to release a reading app for android. Sony isn't as intelligent as Amazon and B&N, to see that they would be gaining a market, not losing one, by doing that. I found an article that says by installing Adobe Digital Editions, you can sideload sony ebooks into the nook for android app:Dear Jane: Can I Read Books Bought at the Sony Store on the Nook and Vice Versa | Dear AuthorJust make sure you are not using the newer firmware (the 08/06 firmware breaks the nook app "fix" to make it work on the PDN, so stick with the 07/27 firmware).I

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote name='jalandar2;41529] Just make sure you are not using the newer firmware (the 08/06 firmware breaks the nook app "fix" to make it work on the PDN' date=' so stick with the 07/27 firmware).[/QUOTE'] Is that what broke the Borders/Kobo apps also? Do I have to regress to 07/27 to save the ebook apps?

·
Registered
59 Posts
No that bug did not effect borders/kobo.Those apps have a separate issue, where you have to start them the first time (before you link your account) with the Wifi OFF. Then open the app, then turn the wifi on (with the App still running), and then login or create your account. After that they work fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nope. I got KOBO to start up okay by logging in before the wifi turns on (I guess that's the only good thing about the wifi being slow on PDN). But now, I cannot seem to actually open up the books. I get the following error message "sorry! We encountered a problem w/ this book that we are working to fix. Please try again later". Click on button, book closes with "saving bookmark" (ummm...can't open so no bookmark), the end.I guess I'll see if I can deinstall KOBO, delete the downloaded books and wash rinse and repeat. And if that works, I'll try it w/ Borders. Will report back in case others have this issue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Okay. That didn't work for KOBO...shoot. Still getting the Kobo is trying to fix this problem...seriously, anyone else have this issue? I'm really hoping I don't have to flash and start over from the beginning...

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote name='capellipro;42599]I have a Sony Reader' date=' the daily edition. I transfered all my books to my novel using ADE. You just have to authorize both devices in ADE. If I understood your question right, this should help.[/QUOTE'] Thank you! I didn't even think about using ADE since I have Kindle, Aldiko, Kobo and Borders apps loaded on the PDN. Yay. Okay, I'm reading it on ADE. Just want to confirm that ADE is the only droid app I can read multiple bookstore/library epubs on...Thanks again!I was so annoyed I deleted Kobo and Borders apps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.