Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was looking around just now and thought or this idea. what if you bought a just a touchscreen or a touchpad that are used on laptops as the mouse, and installed it to a usb port? Or where-ever that should hook up to. It might be hard to find one small enough to fit in the spot shown in the picture. But this would keep from pushing wrong buttons when using your hands and maybe even add a feature of left click??? Or adding the old style mouse that was in the middle of the keyboard that used to come on laptops would be nice too, as shown in the second picture. If anyone is willing to help me out with where to wire one up to I would be more then happy to test this out. here are the links to the picturespic #1- eken.jpg picture by doc8927 - Photobucketpic #2- olderlaptop.jpg picture by doc8927 - Photobucket

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kingpin3k;45593 said:
I had the same Idea and as a Blackberry-User I wanted something blackberrylikeI found this Device which is basically a Trackball with USBGoogle TranslateEvergreen USB Mini Trackball - SlashGear
I might try to get the trackball of my droid and try it. any Idea how that would work? I have not started taking apart the droid yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a usb keyboard, with a touchpad on it. *On Sale* Used Black Solidtek Mini Keyboard, USB, w/ Touch Pad, Model: ACK-540 - Best Computer Online Store Dallas Buy Discount Prices Texas-Axiontech.comI was thinking that since it is usb you could take the touchpad out and install in on the bottom left part of the eken, and run it straight to a usb pinouts HERE- USB pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ruthen find a driver witch shouldn't be hard with as big as the android community is now. For only $20 with shipping I am ganna try it regardless, and if it works I will let everyone know what and how I did it... I'll video the whole thing as soon as I get the keyboard.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Very intrigued with this hardware mod, take good notes

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still awaiting the usb keyboard-touchpad. For some reason my eken (from Florida)got here faster then the keyboard(from Dallas).I have all the specs on the keyboard-touchpad here-Brief:● SOLIDTEK Mini portable keyboard with Touchpad built-in● POS Keyboard with mouse function, Perfect for rack mounts solution or cash register systemDetailed Information:● Compatible with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista or above ● Built-in touch pad for pointing input device● 88/89 key keyboard with embedded numeric keypad & 12 dedicated function keys● Full function of 104/105 keys● Available colors: Black, White● Available Connectors: USB, PS/2, SerialSpecification:● Travel distance: 3.0 +/- 0.3mm● Travel to peak: 1.0 +/- 0.2mm ● Peak force: 50 +/- 10 gm ● Operating temperature: 0 to 50 degree C● Storage temperature: -20 to 65 degree C● Operating humidity: 10% to 95% RH● Switch life: 5 million life cycles● Electronic data: +5VDC +/- 5%@100mA● Dimension (without palm rest): 11.39 (L) x 8.93 (W) x 1.06 (H) IN● Weight: 1.58 lbsBUT I would advise against looking up this and buying one right now since I'm not even sure this touchpad has a driver yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='Roger Calver;49967]Mouse drivers are installed in the base OS' date=' a touchscreen is just a mouse in a different format they are both USB HID's.[/QUOTE'] so I wont need a driver but I will still need to know where to solder from off the mouse... I already know where I will be going to on the usb hub. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.