Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi AllI am new to android, and I have also not yet received my M001.Can somebody recommend me a good detailed technical document about android - eg boot process, changes compared to stock linux kernel, libraries used, background of dalvik ....)But after reading the forum, I still have some questions:* specs state that it has 2GB of internal NAND Flash (reviewers say it is much less). can you confirm 2GB what does mount say ... (also take into account possible loopback files!)* there is the rumour that the CPU is only clocked with 300MHz. Can somebody confirm the 600MHzregarding software.There seems to be an update directly from eken, which gives some bugfixes.And there are some peole starting with custom software.Until now it seems that these consist mainly of slimming down the firmware. (which is a great first step)I have also seen a screenshot of somebody compiling a new kernel for the m001.Where can the modified kernel source be found??Where are these efforts going?? eg what next steps??regarding Win-CE ... is there already a ROM with working touchscreen driver??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi...new to slatedroid...just ordered an M001 tooi too was wondering on the processor specs and it seems that 300 mhz seems to be the confirmed speed as I can see in the youtube vids, the performance is generally acceptable, therefore would a slight OC be all dat is needed to make it run smooth? 300mhz does seems to be a far difference than 1ghz processors found in certain smartfones (then again, the M001 processor could have a far more efficient architecture [i wish, i know... ;D])

·
Registered
446 Posts
we dont know the speed for sure, and as for architecture it is arm9, so its 1.1mips/mhz, which is similar to the arm11 in the g1 (which is defaulted at 348mhz)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wonder if the builds from xda could help us. I am by no means a developer but would love to get my hands dirty. This device is my new play toy. If it is close to the G1 then would could possbily use some of there 2.1 builds on this. I will have to look at how to do this. Does anyone have any good links for the newbie into developing could go? I am registered in the dev site for android but need a down and dirty version not aimed an engineers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
[quote author=kendav911 link=topic=141.msg1815#msg1815 date=1274701365]I wonder if the builds from xda could help us. I am by no means a developer but would love to get my hands dirty. This device is my new play toy. If it is close to the G1 then would could possbily use some of there 2.1 builds on this. I will have to look at how to do this. Does anyone have any good links for the newbie into developing could go? I am registered in the dev site for android but need a down and dirty version not aimed an engineers.[/quote]i was wondering this same thing, i might try a g1 build and see how it fairs

·
Registered
224 Posts
From my test using http://softweg-studio.com/The Cpu and Ram score is the same as a Google Ion or T Mobile myTouch 3g.528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7201A ARM11 processor (PV32B) 192 megs ramThe Linux BogoMips Score of 174.48 is hard to compare to other cpus, because its a very unrealiable way of comparing CPUs, it should only be used to compar Exactly the same Core CPUS.So from my standings this proccessor is pretty fast i think??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.