Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Is it THAT much better than my Eken M001? I was bitterly disappointed with the Eken, quite frankly I think it's a piece of shite. (Yes, I know, it costs about 6 pence but it's just too low to be usable, and the screen is awful - rectangular-shaped pixels and blurry).2) Why do people seek to avoid the blue LED model? (given that these seem to be more common from UK sellers)3) I want to use this as a mobile web browser, ebook reader and DIVX video player (was planning to use RockPlayer for the latter). Is it genuinely up to that, or is it basically just a more stylish Eken?To be honest I am on the verge of just taking the plunge and buying an iPad - it's neither the form factor (I want 7" and widescreen) or the OS I really want, but it seems to me that it's the only tablet hardware out there that's any good at the moment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Loccy:I'll try to answer your questions1.) I don't have a Eken M001 to compare the APad with, but I find the Apad real responsive and the screen looks nice.2.) From what I have read, the Blue LED model is a clone or ripoff of the Apad. Beyond that I do not know much about it.3.) I use my Apad for ebook reading and as a mobile web browser. I find it very nice for those two applications. In fact the Apad is the preferred device now for reading. Real easy to carry around and has a big enough screen to read books easily enough. I haven't tried to use it for video playing iThere are a few quirks with the Apad. But not anything major when you consider the price.Hope that helps you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.