Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty happy to have been able to get this piece of hardware for this price. I am afraid, however, that we are all going to be in for some disappointment, at least from official channels. I can't believe that Augen has permission to use Market.apk, not to mention Gmail and all the other Google Apps. I think that the "market fix" they may be working on is going to be something like SlideME or the Chinese Market. Maybe they will find a way to spoof Market into working right... but I can't imagine that Google is going to stand for that for very long without some legal action. Also, has anyone else seen this version of Launcher.apk in a 2.1 build on another device? I have not. Looks a lot like the launcher from 1.5/1.6. We also have the issue with all of the cellular software that has been left in this build... presumably for the purpose of spoofing Market.apk... and the extra battery life it is using. In it's current state, this device is a disaster for an end user without any knowledge of adb or Android, or at least the competence to follow directions exactly. For my part, I am happy with my purchase, as this is a cheap peace of hardware to delve more deeply into Android development with that I will not be as worried about bricking as I would a $500 phone. I just hope that Kmart doesn't give those that want a refund a hard time, because as a device ready for use OOTB, this thing fails hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.