Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INTRO.I got my PDN and BB&B for 169.99 -20% and awaiting rebate of $20 making mine just less than $120 tax and all that.I have 7/24 firmware and the google experience installed. I have ugly market hack with ID from SDK EMU working.YOUTUBE.I installed (actually several but the only one said to work from a post here is the one I am refering to) youtube and it works once. Then never again till I install it again then it works once. Anyone else? Fix?KINDLE.I had installed the kindle app from the first HACK-THE-NOVEL.zip and it will not download books from amazon. I can buy and see the books in the app but the final download of the book fails.Installed the version of kindle from the market. Same thing. Books from my archive also fail to download. Anyone else? Fix?ROTATION.Now to what bothers me the most. If a error message comes up in the correct rotation telling me that the launcher forced closed due to rotation, HOW HARD CAN THAT BE TO FIX??? REALLY? The idea that the app has anything to do with it all really has me wondering about android as a platform. BLUETOOTH.This thing needs some IO. I took a glance at the inside pictures and have had the back off mine. There seems to be a nice spot in the corner of the wi-fi card area to install the guts of one of those mini mini $5 BT usb adapters (sans its little plastic shell). I notice the PDN has no host usb external like many of the other tablets, so the question is: are there any spare usb ports on the motherboard. BT could open a lot of doors: GPSs, VoIP, serial ports.USB HOST.If not BT then at least bring one of those spare usb ports to a external connector, you know like all those other tablets have...err. Which I guess we did get in the form of a SD card slot??? SDIO BT work on android?I did notice that the wi-fi is on a card. Are there any combo cards? WI-FI/BT and/or 3G with android support/drivers?FINAL.Otherwise I sorta like the little thing. I cannot for the life of me think of a real use for it however. Unless I can get BT/audio in/serial IO then I will prolly use it for a picture frame...how ironic is that. What have I really learned is that I would have wasted a lot more money if I got an ipad.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
walscobry;29977]YOUTUBE.I installed (actually several but the only one said to work from a post here is the one I am refering to) youtube and it works once. Then never again till I install it again then it works once. Anyone else? Fix?[/QUOTE]Drop a working youtube into the gev1systemapp folder from Google Experience said:
KINDLE.I had installed the kindle app from the first HACK-THE-NOVEL.zip and it will not download books from amazon. I can buy and see the books in the app but the final download of the book fails.Installed the version of kindle from the market. Same thing. Books from my archive also fail to download. Anyone else? Fix?
Do you have an SD card in? I've read from others that it is required.[quote name='walscobry;29977]ROTATION.Now to what bothers me the most. If a error message comes up in the correct rotation telling me that the launcher forced closed due to rotation' date=' HOW HARD CAN THAT BE TO FIX??? REALLY? The idea that the app has anything to do with it all really has me wondering about android as a platform. [/QUOTE']I believe there's been speculation that that is an issue w/ the app and not the device.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
ditto above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the youtube how-to. Fixed.And yes SD card for kindle. Doh, when I decided to flash the 7/24 firmware and build up from there I moved my 4Gb microSD to the internal slot. I guess I'll put the 1Gb in the external.But if books, etc are going to be saved to the ext slot then would I be better off undoing that?And to clarify I don't think I wasted money on the PDN. It will more than serve my needs for a tablet style device at 1/5 the price of a ipad. Smaller and lighter to boot.So any unused usb ports in there?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Depends on what program will be reading the books... I recall someone got it to work on the internal card, though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
you want BT? try to remove the WIFI module, replace it with BT and use Eye-fi (wifi SD card). i'd try the theory but i dont have money to waste since i'm going to cali to bang blonde hair blue eyed women. (part of the bucket list)i guess theres a lot more to it but yeah.. wish you can use eye-fi as a wifi card.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Like Mills Lane, I'll allow it, but let's not get any more descriptive, eh?

·
Registered
361 Posts
[quote name='lawman;30080]Depends on what program will be reading the books... I recall someone got it to work on the internal card' date=' though...[/QUOTE'] Can you remember what reader they were using? Other than the PDreader. I would love to find one that uses the internal SD. I have been asking for this for weeks & hadn't seen anything. Cheers,kev

·
Registered
171 Posts
What we all could do is replace the internal b/g/n wifi card with a card that also adds Bluetooth along with the b/g/n wifi. But we would need to find a card that plays nice with Android and someone will need to be the guinea pig...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I mentioned the combo card possiblity in my post. OK how bout this then...is the SD card hosted by USB? HI-Jack its port. I would much rather have BT then 2 card slots. And software could be patched to fix path names. Um...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Sorry, I've taken them all... women, that is.:-D

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Ok... that would be nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.