Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

I managed to brick my first and only A90 tablet (A10, 9.7, IPS). During ROM change it's battery died. It has CWM installed but the key combo doesn't work. The device turns on but only shows black screen. It does not have an internal microSD card. In the about screen it said that the model is T05A. The motherboard's label says A90-V3 2012.05.16

Is there a way to reflash the NAND (29F64G08CBAAA)? Let's join our forces and revive it!!! :)

P.S. I have attached two images of it's internals.

EDIT1: When I connect it to my laptop sometimes in the device manager it appears as 'Android' USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002&REV_0230 but it does not have a driver.

EDIT2: Contacted a few chinese retailers, maybe they will be able to sell me a new mother board.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello
Use Livesuite to flash your tablet(its a Ampe A90?),
then here is the linkAmpe
go to A90 and Download the Firmware you need, The driver are included.
Look here in the Webboard how to flash via Livesuite.
Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like an Eken A90 to me..

Download firmware from here:
http://www.eken.com/support/

and flash via livesuit (you should be able to find instructions if you're unsure how to do this). The Eken A90 doesn't have a way to access CWM via a key combination! Caused me problems in the past!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just seen your photos - it's not the same innards as my Eken A90 but similar applies once you find out what it is..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey! Maybe you just need some trial and error with the reflashing, I've read something that should shed some light on your device recovery:

http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices

taken from this page: "The A10 can update the firmware from USB, so it can not be bricked. In case you bricked your devices, here is the instruction for flash the firmware from USB."

So as long as there is no hardware problem you should be able to fix your tablet.

Just take a look and good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey! Maybe you just need some trial and error with the reflashing, I've read something that should shed some light on your device recovery:

http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices

taken from this page: "The A10 can update the firmware from USB, so it can not be bricked. In case you bricked your devices, here is the instruction for flash the firmware from USB."

So as long as there is no hardware problem you should be able to fix your tablet.

Just take a look and good luck!
That website again tells me to boot the device with those special key presses and mine does not even turn on with vol- or vol+ pressed.

I have managed to force the driver from livesuite 1.07 but it does not show up as a separate drive therefore I cannot do any updates.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
UPDATE:

The device initially went dead when I was updating the ROM. LiveSuit updates firmware. Tried 5 different ones but still no image.

These are the firmwares that I have tried:

1. 9.7A10 03F2-P1-H1-H01-AH40.20120330.img
  2. aino_2.0.4.img
  3. ctp_sun4i_crane_t05a_mma7660_20120531.img
  4. ctp_sun4i_crane_t05a_mxc6225_20120531.img
  5. pwn3d-1.0.1_1-cwm.img
  6. sun4i_crane_anpei101am.img
  7. sun4i_crane_D90-sc3052_GT801_sdk1.4_20120709_v3.img
  8. sun4i_crane_futekoA90universal_20120531.img
  9. sun4i_crane_t05a_1.2_20120503.img

What is wrong why do I get no images on the display? The aino_2.0.4.img shows something garbled so it should not be a hardware fault. See attachment.

From what I remember the original FW was T05A and dated July 2012. Is it possible that my tablet uses a different video driver or something?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
A wrong video driver would probably result in a no boot, but I see you get the screenshots, screenshots are taken from the video buffer if im not mistaken
so the driver is good.

I would say that the screen conector is badly connected inside, did you check it? Just a guess, as it is common with chinese tablets

It could have happened when you opened the case.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Problem solved. My tablet seller was very kind and sent me the original FW with the correct video driver.

The FW is called: A90sun4i_crane_t05a_mma7660_20120614-.img

I have tried more than 10 different firmwares
with no luck.

Thanks guys for the tips!

Now going to try to install the CM9 and figure out a way to modify the compatibility pack to my device's specs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem ! However I didn't get any answer from the seller, could you please send me the firmware ? (I didn't find it on the Internet). Actually it's my only hope to save my brick tablet...

Thank you very much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi s1ms,

First thank you for answering me and sending me the firmware !

I'm pretty sure I have the same as yours (I also saw the same thing on Win7). Yesterday I was able to adb using a custom novol7 rom with adb preactivated. I can connect to the network or send touch events to the tablet without problem. The tablet has only one problem : the graphic drivers. I'm going to try your firmware right now !

EDIT : It worked ! If you're the new owner of an Eken A90 this firmware could save your device. It seems that the new Ekens are using a different graphic driver and older roms won't work with your Eken. I'll try to post more details later. Thanks again to s1ms !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you try cm9 ? It's working on mine thanks to Christian Troy compatibility pack. I'm pretty sure this pack includes the drivers.
You can root and install CWM thanks to Sausagescript and then flash cm9, gapps and the compatibility pack.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you try cm9 ? It's working on mine thanks to Christian Troy compatibility pack. I'm pretty sure this pack includes the drivers.
You can root and install CWM thanks to Sausagescript and then flash cm9, gapps and the compatibility pack.
Only one of the compatibility packs displays video but the touchscreen doesn't work.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts