Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solution for Demo version has expired.Change your date settings to past years.Demo version has expired pop up go away but still show demo purpose only top left corner.But when u turn on your wireless updated your date automatically so just turn off your wireless and change date before turn back on your M7003 or EKEN devices.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not so much a solution as my experience with this device so far... For the record, I bought it from an e-bay seller that said the "Demo Version Expired" message was on these units (they had several), they didn't know how to get rid of it, and were selling as-is. So I knew what I was getting into and thought it looked like a challenge!I'm not really sure what I actually did to remove the "Demo Version Has Expired" box, but here is the account of what I did since I got my generic flytouch look-alike in the mail yesterday:1) "ePad" arrived, box has "ePad" name on two sides and a graphic of the Earth on the other two ends. Device has a silver-colored back with no stickers or markings to indicate an actual model. It has a 9v power wart and 2x usb 1x RJ45 dongle. Instruction pamphlet says ePad and MID, but no mention of a model that I could find.2) Out-of-box, ePad powered up, showed non-animated splash screen, and indicated 1.7.4 build. Once at home screen, as expected, "Demo Version..." in a big box in front of everything. Surprisingly, "Market" worked after I set up wifi and signed on with my gmail account. I was able to download nook and kindle, both worked OK with the exception of the "Demo" splash in front of everything.3) Had been reading the forums prior to getting my "ePad" so I was reasonably sure I had a VIA chipset, and this was a "generic" 256mb Flytouch clone (or maybe an unbranded flytouch), so I began to try those firmware.3a) Tried 1.9_88 with similar results to Out-of box condition.3b) Tried 1.7.2 which made the big "Demo" disappear, but had a small "Demo Purposes..." in the bar, usability seemed to be not so good.3c) Tried 1.9_88 "rooted" version with similar results to (3a), had trouble setting up wifi due to the initial set-up that wanted a google sign-in before wifi was activated.3d) Tried 1.8.2 similar to other results, large "Demo..." over everything, everything was initially in Chinese, but I was able to change setting to english (some things were still in chinese)3e) Tried a Slatedroid 1.3? custom firmware, with much the same outcome as above.4) Went back to 1.9_88 "rooted" version as I was just about to give up for the night, went through the Market/Phone initial set-up like before as far as I could go, set up the wifi again, went back to the set-up and completed by signing in with my gmail account. Still "Demo'd" all over the screen, set the pad down in frustration ... then noticed the screen changed out the corner of my eye, at first thinking it went to sleep or dimmed or something, but noticed that the "Demo Version" box was now gone!5) Now I can't remember if I then tried another firmware (older one, I was sleepy), but I think I did at least one more before going back to 1.9_88 "rooted" and the "Demo" box remained gone.Not sure if this is permanent, but I think I read somewhere on the forums someone said this message would go away after a while when the ePad "phoned home". I'd used it for a few hours as it was out-of-box and the message persisted. Perhaps it had something to do with the newer firmware AND a combination of wifi and signing in to gmail/marketplace. So far marketplace does not work, but performance seems better than 1.7.4, however the power button no longer suspends the screen, and it seems like there are random instances where the ePad jumps back to the home screen in the middle of doing something. I have not used it long enough to say if this might be because of the "rooted" firmware. I will try some other combinations later to see what's best in terms of usability now that the stupid box is gone. If I can get nook and kindle back, that would be all I'm looking for as it synced well with my content and I really can't see using this for anything more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got home today and started my epad (was checking how well it held charge), and I tried the Market again. What do you know! This time instead of the "some sort of problem..." message I was getting, I got a user agreement dialog box. When I hit "accept", I got a very new nice looking marketplace (better than I experienced on 1.7.4). I download and installed Nook, Kindle, Aldiko, iReader. They all installed just fine and ran reasonably well on this device. I still think the key to getting away from the "Demo" box on the screen was a combination of the 1.9_88 rooted firmware, signing in with my gmail account, and restarting the device a few time - each time I do the whole thing seems to act a little better and more stuff works!

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
[quote name='dbz2020;50273]Got home today and started my epad (was checking how well it held charge)' date=' and I tried the Market again. What do you know! This time instead of the "some sort of problem..." message I was getting, I got a user agreement dialog box. When I hit "accept", I got a very new nice looking marketplace (better than I experienced on 1.7.4). I download and installed Nook, Kindle, Aldiko, iReader. They all installed just fine and ran reasonably well on this device. I still think the key to getting away from the "Demo" box on the screen was a combination of the 1.9_88 rooted firmware, signing in with my gmail account, and restarting the device a few time - each time I do the whole thing seems to act a little better and more stuff works![/QUOTE'] Good that you're happy now! Keep going!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.