Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought it last night, charged it, tried to update it, went to bed, just woke back up...well...sorta...1) what is the latest firmware? downloaded the one from the website, tried to install it, got to the bootloader, saw the progress bar flash on, then nothing....so wonder if we have the latest installed, and the one on the website is old...we have S10_07_05B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP2) i take it adb needs to be used to install apps...we can do this without root, yes? hope we get an easy way to root this thing soon...would love to install Froyo....lol....but is this running a special version of Android software, not like 1.5, 1.6, etc....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='JoeProcopio;16252]bought it last night' date=' charged it, tried to update it, went to bed, just woke back up...well...sorta...1) what is the latest firmware? downloaded the one from the website, tried to install it, got to the bootloader, saw the progress bar flash on, then nothing....so wonder if we have the latest installed, and the one on the website is old...we have S10_07_05B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP2) i take it adb needs to be used to install apps...we can do this without root, yes? hope we get an easy way to root this thing soon...would love to install Froyo....lol....but is this running a special version of Android software, not like 1.5, 1.6, etc....[/QUOTE'] Interesting, that may be newer than what is on their website (S10_07_04K )And it is running Android 2.0. It can probably be updated if someone has the know-how, as other people seem to be running Froyo on the same platform.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I made a mistake downloading the firmware not realizing the firmware loaded on my new pandigital was newer. Only problem was that it crashed every once in a while to a white screen. I had the 05B version and swapped it for the 04K version. Should have kept my newer firmware because it felt quite a bit faster and booted up under 50 secs. It also fixed that landscape problem where text would get stuck on portrait.Any ideas? :-(

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
So noobs are on the same page without asking, the fw version is by date.10 is the year07 is July04 or 05 is the dayB is a version for that day.My 2d has 10-07-04... The last I saw on the website was 04. You may have downgraded...I'm on a blackberry, but will look into this later.Try a re-install of fw...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Doh.....can we put a sticky up for people to check their version before flashing? It sounds a lot better and we could probably do a dump, even if we don't get it from PanDigital.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what I've find out is the Novel is running 2.1, is that correct? with it's own Pandigital homepage as opposed to say Launcher Pro, ADW etc...but what is the correct CPU speed? I have seen anywhere from 600 to 800mhz....and it is running the ARM11?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='JoeProcopio;17623]so what I've find out is the Novel is running 2.1' date=' is that correct? with it's own Pandigital homepage as opposed to say Launcher Pro, ADW etc...but what is the correct CPU speed? I have seen anywhere from 600 to 800mhz....and it is running the ARM11?[/QUOTE'] It's running 2.0, and the CPU is an ARM11 at 533Mhz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts