Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Just wondering what your opinions are on the Smartq v7 (http://en.smartdevices.com.cn/Products/V7/200912/04-40.html)I'm torn between this and the Moonse E7001 and cant decide which one to pick. Both seems to have favourable reviews.The things that I like about the Smartq over the E7001 are:- HDMI out - 1080p video playback- Android 2.1 has already been released for it (although only a preview v2 at the moment)- 256MB RAMBut of course this is slightly pricier and the v7 doesn't have marketplace accessMeribobiles prices:Smartq V7Moonse E7001Just wondering what your valued opinions are.

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote author=zba78 link=topic=580.msg4802#msg4802 date=1275607934]Hi all,Just wondering what your opinions are on the Smartq v7 (http://en.smartdevices.com.cn/Products/V7/200912/04-40.html)I'm torn between this and the Moonse E7001 and cant decide which one to pick. Both seems to have favourable reviews.Just wondering what your valued opinions are.[/quote]Another big plus of the Smartq is it comes with three OS!!You can take your pick.For me, I thought I would love Android. I tried it for a couple weeks and chose another OS. It didn't really do what I wanted.You don't have that option with any other device.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=pphilipp link=topic=580.msg4804#msg4804 date=1275608289]Another big plus of the Smartq is it comes with three OS!!You can take your pick.For me, I thought I would love Android. I tried it for a couple weeks and chose another OS. It didn't really do what I wanted.You don't have that option with any other device.[/quote]Absolutely, although nearly every review I've read/seen suggests that Ubuntu & WinCE on it are very sluggish and unresponsive so Android is the way to go.But as a long time Linux only user it's nice to have that option

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have both devices , but frankly i use eken one more often , i have been looking and you can buy the eken m001 one now for 70 pounds shipping included on ebay from very reliable sources. so if you are buying to experience something new , buy it instead of smartq v7. v7 is severely experimental and unless you are a programmer , there is no point in either 3 OSes it has. but don't take my word for it , look in the unofficial forum of it : smartqmid.comanyway , as i said , smartq v7 is right now a deadend at best , maybe a total waste of my money if they fail to come up with a working OS. wince is out of question , i can not even get it to work properly , or even worse , calibrate the screen. linux is very slow , but it's natural since it's a distribution for PCs and not ARM devices, at the same time , linux OS (ubuntu 9.5) is the most stable one. but you don't have a lively market for apps , so i really don't consider it as a true tablet. and android , is just the biggest waste of talent , this device is truly capable , having a super powerful CPU ( well, comparing with ekens at least ) and 256 mb of Comfortable RAM. even with the terrible iteration of Android OS , it still fares ok, but you get FCs and resets every 10mins, even worse , device freezes every once in a while , which drove me mad.as for other alternatives , if you want to start somewhere , start with Archos 7 android home tablet , it's 200USD with 8gb of mem and decent battery life. but it has a serious flaw for some , lack of accelerometer. or , wait for the Rockchip variant of Moonse M003 , the other device on this forum , which has the exact spec of archos 7 AHT and has the accelerometer too. it might become the devs favorite and get more MODs than slatedroid itself , since it has been shown to have an already working android market too :http://mp4nation.net/blog/2010/06/a...1-apad-iped-whatever-all-the-same-ipad-clone/my two cents

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=KingDani link=topic=580.msg4818#msg4818 date=1275611791]...smartq v7 is right now a deadend at best , maybe a total waste of my money if they fail to come up with a working OS. wince is out of question , i can not even get it to work properly , or even worse , calibrate the screen. linux is very slow , but it's natural since it's a distribution for PCs and not ARM devices, at the same time , linux OS (ubuntu 9.5) is the most stable one. but you don't have a lively market for apps , so i really don't consider it as a true tablet. and android , is just the biggest waste of talent , this device is truly capable , having a super powerful CPU ( well, comparing with ekens at least ) and 256 mb of Comfortable RAM. even with the terrible iteration of Android OS , it still fares ok, but you get FCs and resets every 10mins, even worse , device freezes every once in a while , which drove me mad....my two cents[/quote]Thanks very much for your insight. Very useful. So unless someone says anything very different I'll stick to the Moonse e7001 for now and hope that an android update is released for it soon (can 2.1 run on 128MB RAM?).just curious, was the android version you used on the V7 the stock one or the 2.1 update?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Unfortunately, with so many devices coming and going so quickly now, there's no such thing as purchasing one that you'll be totally satisfied with. As soon as you make a decision and order one, there will be another tablet hit the market before yours even arrives home. That's part of the reason so many people on these forums own several devices... which they've purchased in a relatively short period of time ((recession? what recession?))For me, the low price won out when I bought the Eken, but I discovered the weak hardware was too limiting and had to sell it while the market is hot. To me the cream of the crop is the iPad, which is more expensive than what I was looking for, so my buying decision was then shifted to "what device can I buy with the fastest processor and best overall hardware for the most reasonable price." For me, the OS isn't near as important as it seems to be to other people... that's a personal decision which can end-up costing in the long run if you invest in lots of apps.Wait another couple of weeks and neither device you're considering will even be a contender then (possibly).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,I've been thinking long if I take the SmartQ V7 / MID 81 or the APAD Moonse 7001, too. Because the device is to be for my girlfriend, I have chosen the APAD.The other two have the better CPU and more memory, the MID 81 has GPS and the SmartQ V7 a 4500mAh Li-polymer battery.The problem with both no G-sensor so no access to the marketplace!The MID 81, there are currently only WinCe with a Flash interface, which also is not running very smoothly. SmartQ V7 have 3 different OS, there are no running around if you give the think what may be written in the inofficelen Forum.So whilst there are Android 2.1 but there are still problems with WiFi and Freezes and so on.Thus, the APAD is moderately price performance, as well as the functionality currently the most optimal when the user is not a techie.There is also a community for the APAD what one is advantageous over all other iPad clones.best greetings Peppa

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same techn specs as the V7 only G-Sensor, less Batterie and more Hardware Buttons.You can buy it for 250$ of diffrent Chinese Sites.Peppa

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I just posted about the pandigital novel. I would seriously tell you not to invest in the tablet market right now if you don't want to be buying something else in 8 months to a year. The technology is moving so fast, and Apple missed its pricing point with the IPAD so badly that there are literally hundreds of tablets coming out in the next few months. The firmware for all of them is going to be experimental, the computing ability is going to leap forward very quickly, and anything bought in the next month will be obsolete in weeks. Remember, the Nook JUST dropped in February or something, the Ipad last month or so, and now Android is up to build 2.2 and running on phones primarily. This entire market has existed for maybe a year. Basically all of these devices are oversized phones still. In the next few months the RAM is going to increase, therefore computing ability will increase, and the drivers will settle in so webcams, bluetooth, usb ports, etc. will actually work. I seriously considered both the v7 and the various APADS, and decided to get something that can do a little more than I NEED it to do RIGHT NOW, as cheaply as possible. When the APAD has 512megs of ram, or better yet a gig or more, and the webcam works right, and it runs Android 2.2, and the bluetooth works right, and it has access to the Android market, and there's maybe a GPS option, and a few keyboards available, THEN I will put the requisite $300 or so that costs down. Until then, you're gambling with the rest of us first-adopters. If you'd like, you might be able to find a betamax, or a HDDVD player, or a MDplayer on ebay to see what I mean.That said, it really depends on what you're buying it for. If I were buying a machine for computing, I would buy the V7 over the APAD, because I know it can theoretically run Android 2.2, whereas the RAM on the APAD is too low, and because, as I understand, it has higher screen resolution for video. What I got instead was the Novel, because I got it for less than $150, it can play music, video, read books, has access to barnes and noble, and will be able to handle Android 2.2 and the Android marketplace pretty soon. That's what I NEED RIGHT NOW. In 2 months they'll release the black 2gb 3g capable model that is already being planned, and my 1gb one will be obsolete, but it will do what I need it to do.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=lawman link=topic=580.msg5338#msg5338 date=1275752757]I just posted about the pandigital novel. I would seriously tell you not to invest in the tablet market right now if you don't want to be buying something else in 8 months to a year....[/quote]I agree with you, but like you I'm only looking or something to tie me over till the good stuff comes out and but something better.For that reason I'm going for the most cost effective of these two which is the Moonse e7001.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I vote for Smart V7 too, I was too considering those too, but I choose Smart V7 at the endSmart Q frequently update their firmware (from original 1.6 to 2.1)Great community -> http://www.smartqmid.comUser mods (Clouddragon is much snappier and stable than official firmware)Hardware 3D Accelerator (though sadly u have to find 3D driver urself, currently only 2D acceleration are enabled)Mali-200 GPU with OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0 support, 16M triangle/s and 275M pixel/shttp://www.malideveloper.com/platforms/boards/telechips-tcc8900-development-platform.php?tab=SPECIFICATIONSAnd very long battery life BUTI would suggest u to hold off if u have bigger budget in mind, currently those two are the ones I am strongly looking forward to buyHuawei S7, seems to full complaint to Android Market requirement (it got 3G connection)http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/03/huawei-s7-runs-1ghz-snapdragon-and-android-2-1-like-a-champ-at-c/Innoversal's Pixel Qi (great for out door viewing)http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/04/innoversals-pixel-qi-based-tablet-prototype-530-for-the-displ/Pixel Qi screen compare to other device (Kindle, Toshiba NB, IPAD)Pixel Qi vs Kindle vs Toshiba R600 vs regular LCD tabletPixel Qi screen compared to iPad

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think folks are missing the boat on this tablet... the Smart q v7...Until I hear a review from someone here who has had one for more than a day or two, My vote is in for the V7! I had the M003 for one week and even though the screen was defective, I got a good prospective on the significant limitations of no bluetooth, no alternative operating systems (V7 has all three!), and limited video capacity (V7 claims 1080 HD output).The truth be known, I returned the Eken and have gone over the top with having ordered the ODROIT-T which you know, does not compare to any of these units.,but while I wait for delivery I am tempted to expedite an order for the V7 as I am tablet deprived right now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts