Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just figured as I'd made the same mistake, like 3 times in a row, I'd address a TIP here to maybe save others time, aggrevation, and potential problems/breakage... First Off... I am NOT Advocating people Open their Tablets... But If it must be done, then a little care and only a couple steps here might help... so from experience... - Note Well!!! Remove your TF/SDcard from the Tablet BEFORE attempting to Open the Tablet (This is the mistake I keep forgetting
) - The 2 small holes at the bottom, when held Vertical with Back Button at Top, of the Tablet are Actually the cover release holes... you will find this is a pretty well designed mechanism of slide bars that lock the cover down in multiple places on three sides... Left/Right/Bottom, when held in the orientation described here... - 2 Large 2" (preferably plastic coated/insulated) Metal Paperclips make good tools to open your Tablet. Bend Long end of Both Clips to 90deg. angle to start. (There is nothing to short out within over an inch into those holes and ~1/2 is about all you need to go to open...) - With Glass up, insert 1 clip in right side hole and glass tends to start to lift on it's own... ~1/2in. towards middle of tablet you should start to see an indentation in plastic an you can insert 2nd clip about 1/4in. there to keep that side open. - Insert first clip again in second hole at left side of bottom and push up similar to first... a finger nail or third clip can be inserted ~1/2in. towards center of tablet from that hole to keep that side open... - gently turn tablet over, glass side down while maintaining a little pressure to keep front back seperated... - Glently lift back plastic side up Starting from the side where the TF/SDcard Slot and power button is located... basically open gently like a book as battery wire connection is at the book's binding side. - Gently disconnect the wire to the battery and then you can fully open the 2 halves like a book laid flat... Reverse to reassemble inserting top in first...

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='Sigson;36591]I wish we had a "thanks" button somewhere on this forum' date=' but your contributions are much appreciated by us noobs...[/QUOTE'] OK how about the little star at the bottom of the post?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take a picture of the processor showing that it's a ZT180a processor and not an NK1001a? I'm in a dispute for a full refund and they want proof that it says ZT180a and not the NK1001a processor they say it is. I've already sent it back or I'd do it myself.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
greenwaynegreen Youtube Video

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
[quote name='Kheeva;91305]Nice toot' date=' thanks![/QUOTE'] Yeah, greenwaynegreen did a good job with the video and saw that the FAQ pointed here, so thought I'd add his video to this thread. jtbnet did a great job describing the how to in words (wish i was that articulate), but sometimes people need a visual aid (like me) to be less apprehensive about taking the plunge and actually opening the tablet when there seems to be a hardware problem, luckily after I had asked, Flat Computing said I could take a look and see if I could tell what's causing my battery and display flickering problems...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also forgot to remove the TF card and couldn't figure out why it was so hard to open, once I realised and took out the card it came apart easily enough. I don't know why but I find it more difficult to put back together than to open it.Nice video too.Harry

·
Registered
240 Posts
omarahum;91322 said:
Flat Computing said I could take a look and see if I could tell what's causing my battery and display flickering problems...
Did you find the problem? Is there a thread somewhere for that?Occasionally mine flickers and I've noticed that there is something from the mobo touching the screen so when I'm feeling more adventurous I'll strip it back and find the component in question.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Jimbo_Bats;96764 said:
Did you find the problem? Is there a thread somewhere for that?Occasionally mine flickers and I've noticed that there is something from the mobo touching the screen so when I'm feeling more adventurous I'll strip it back and find the component in question.
You may want to check that the flex cable for the LCD display is fully seated in their connectors and not slightly cocked, the signal for the backlight is on the right side of the cable and if it's not completelyengaged it could cause the backlight to flicker. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I own a ZT180 and i have been reading in the forums a lot. Now that i decided to solder an antenna to the wlan-board a described here, i wanted to open the unit up.

unfortunately i can not open it. it seams, that the mecanism ist not working right on mine, I did the steps as mentionend above, but when i push into the holes there is no release of the cover on the top side (where the holes are). I can feel (and here) a spring when pushing into the holes. on one side i can push it not as deep as the other hole. I already tried to use a small rubber suction thing to pull at the screen while pushing into the holes... nothing moves : ((

As i dont want to break anything with brutal force ( and i was up to do this tonight ;-) ) I wonder if someone had the same problem opening it. Perhaps someone has a tip for me or photos with closeups of the mecanism.

I think the mecanism at my tablet is just wasted

Any help would be highly apreciated.

Please excuse my bad english.

thanks and greetings

Feuerdraht

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=Feuerdraht link=topic=4709.msg102190#msg102190 date=1292363501]
Hi,
I own a ZT180 and i have been reading in the forums a lot. Now that i decided to solder an antenna to the wlan-board a described here, i wanted to open the unit up.

unfortunately i can not open it. it seams, that the mecanism ist not working right on mine, I did the steps as mentionend above, but when i push into the holes there is no release of the cover on the top side (where the holes are). I can feel (and here) a spring when pushing into the holes. on one side i can push it not as deep as the other hole. I already tried to use a small rubber suction thing to pull at the screen while pushing into the holes... nothing moves : ((

As i dont want to break anything with brutal force ( and i was up to do this tonight ;-) ) I wonder if someone had the same problem opening it. Perhaps someone has a tip for me or photos with closeups of the mecanism.

I think the mecanism at my tablet is just wasted

Any help would be highly apreciated.

Please excuse my bad english.

thanks and greetings

Feuerdraht
[/quote]

If you forget to take out the sdcard it will not allow you to open the side where card socket is? The latches on one of mine can be sticky... sometimes hard to open other times don't spring back to closed so I need to fiddle with it a bit...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I did take out the SD-Card before trying to open ; -)

I already watched Videos how to open etc. but it really seams, that somehow the mecanism is broken on mine.

If i knew better, where the latches are, that holds the thing together.... does someone have pictures of the meacnism ?

I dont now, how to solve this without breaking anything : (

Greetings from snow-white Germany

Feuerdraht

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
If you take a look at the picture, on the side with that 2 holes for to disassemble, on the upper right you could see that the Pin need to put very straight in because this moves 2 locks while the lower one moves only 1 lock.

Take look at this picture:

If you bend the Pin a bit to the corner of the case may helps.

Normally the ZT180 get open very easy

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks a lot for the reply and the pictures.

I will give it another try when i get home from work.

From what i read and saw in videos it really should be easy to open it..... but unfortuneatly mine causes a lot of trouble and does not "want" to be opened ;- ))

Thanks a lot. I will keep you posted, if i was able to open it.

Greetings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeahh. I was finally able to open it without breaking anything.

Thanks a lot for the pictures. They helped me a lot to understand what to do.

Info to all others you will eventually encounter the same problems:
The mecanism at my tablet was wasted. There were 3 springs loose from their fixation and the metal-parts (latches) were not in their guidance.
Additionally the plastic cover guidance was improperly made with plastic noses etc.
The springs, unguided latches and the badly produced plastic prevented it from opening.

What I did was widening the holes a little to better push back the latches and then carefully opening latch by latch with gently violence ; -)
Onc it was open, I reinstalled the springs, worked the guidances with sand-paper and put back the latches in their guidance.
Now I can open and close it like it is supposed to be.

Thanks again to all contributors in that forum.

Greetings
Feuerdraht

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.