Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a slatedroid line of approved tablets in various sizes? A decal to show they are approved and have latest firmware along with realistic expectation of what the tablet can do and is good for. I would pay a little extra for that set up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok seems I hit a possible thought here. What about it mods? Wanna buy say a lot of ten u think are good check firmware and ship with ur decal on the back mark it up say 15%

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I think it's a great idea, but I'd like to make it an excuse to get companies to send us devices to review. I'm trying to get the other mods to discuss it.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
An official seal of approval would open Slatedroid to legal actions. Joe Blow is unhappy with his device and sues the store it bought it at, the manufacturer and Slatedroid. May be bogus but Slatedroid would need to incorporate and buy insurance for this.I'm not a lawyer but was an officer of a user group that recommended a software package in a newsletter and we were included in a nutcase suite over the software. Insurance paid for a lawyer to write a letter that got us dropped from the suite. A total PITA and waste of time.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='mogrith;27562]An official seal of approval would open Slatedroid to legal actions. Joe Blow is unhappy with his device and sues the store it bought it at' date=' the manufacturer and Slatedroid. May be bogus but Slatedroid would need to incorporate and buy insurance for this.I'm not a lawyer but was an officer of a user group that recommended a software package in a newsletter and we were included in a nutcase suite over the software. Insurance paid for a lawyer to write a letter that got us dropped from the suite. A total PITA and waste of time.[/QUOTE'] Ahem. Ever sue consumer reports? Ever hear of anyone doing it? Ever hear of anyone suing Peyton Manning or Tiger Woods for bad Gatorade? There was a guy who sued SATAN. United States ex rel. Gerald Mayo v. Satan and His Staff - Wikisource Seriously. You can't stop someone from filing a lawsuit. You can get it thrown out on summary judgment. It's worth SERIOUS consideration.I like the idea of starting to swing the big stick Slatedroid has with its 10k plus members and 12k plus hits per day. Hey Samsung, want some press? Send me that slate you're working on. If I like it, and I tell people they might want to consider buying it, bet that opinion would matter...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
dkelewae;27543 said:
What makes it ridiculous except your lousy spelling and negative bs.
I just saw this and it made me laugh...

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='lawman;28492]You can't stop someone from filing a lawsuit. You can get it thrown out on summary judgment. It's worth SERIOUS consideration.I like the idea of starting to swing the big stick Slatedroid has with its 10k plus members and 12k plus hits per day. Hey Samsung' date=' want some press? Send me that slate you're working on. If I like it, and I tell people they might want to consider buying it, bet that opinion would matter...[/QUOTE'] Don't disagree. Just mentioning there is a downside. Who or what is Slatedroid for this purpose? Mike & Mike? Moderators? Getting Eval units and Early looks at Firmware updates would be nice on a personal level and Being able to to post reviews on it would be useful for our readers.Maybe a consistent rating on Device aspects 1-5 Droids on Chipset, Display, Ram, Internal storage, Fit & Finish, Video Playback, Audio Playback, etc. Yeah Consumer Reports is not a bad model.Based on score you get a "SlateDroid Run Away, Poor, Acceptable, Good, Assimilate This Device" RatingOffering ratings is one thing But do we want to sponsor and coordinate Group buys of Assimilate devices?

·
Registered
365 Posts
ficklecycler;27526 said:
This is so rediculous its funny.
dkelewae;27543 said:
What makes it ridiculous except your lousy spelling and negative bs.
Hey, easy there with the "red" pen. ;) I thought we had some kind of "1 spelling error per msg" rule, and he clearly made it under the wire.Ooops, nope I'm wrong. Two errors. Well, anyway kudos to you for not having a typo in your message while correcting someone else's spelling. That always sucks. -Matt

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='mogrith;28589]Don't disagree. Just mentioning there is a downside. Who or what is Slatedroid for this purpose? Mike & Mike? Moderators? Getting Eval units and Early looks at Firmware updates would be nice on a personal level and Being able to to post reviews on it would be useful for our readers.Maybe a consistent rating on Device aspects 1-5 Droids on Chipset' date=' Display, Ram, Internal storage, Fit & Finish, Video Playback, Audio Playback, etc. Yeah Consumer Reports is not a bad model.Based on score you get a "SlateDroid Run Away, Poor, Acceptable, Good, Assimilate This Device" RatingOffering ratings is one thing But do we want to sponsor and coordinate Group buys of Assimilate devices?[/QUOTE'] Shaka, his eyes open.I don't think we get involved in the buying, just the rating. We can give the builders the opportunity to refute the review or correct the problems we note, but being a middle-man is a bad idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.