Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday (29th June, NZ time) I got "Server too busy" and later HTTP error 403 whenever I tried to access Slatedroid. The site did not come back until the next day. Anyone know what happened?

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Yesss, sorry. Despite the fact we had a server load limit in place (the Server Too Busy error) we took an absolute pounding from the sheer amount of traffic we received and the server crashed and we had our account suspended yet again.I assure you we're working as hard as we can in choosing a new dedicated server to move to. I've done a bit more optimization which should help for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Did I mention FREE BEER!!!???!??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike: Thanks for the answer. Good to know. It was the first day I had ever tried to access the site, so I wasn't sure of the usual expectation for reliability. Was it a DDoS attack? While I was online I only saw at most a dozen users.....and thought the server should be able to cope with these relatively - simultaneous - small numbers. (???)

·
Registered
137 Posts
lol think 2 of my companies website was also on that server as i host few sites with justhost also and it was down for about 7-8 hours i called those jackasses they told me that they have to do server upgrade! are you shitting me a big company like that don't have a BDC if they doing maintenance on a PDC. thats the reason i have a backup hosting where i host my clients sites as its guaranteed 100% uptime but it don't offer unlimited space nor bandwidth.As far as justhost is concerned i paid them for 2 years but regret it now as its a really crappy hosting company they try to screw you over and think you might not have backup so you will just pay extra for getting a higher plan and get the site back up as its a pain in ass to loose all the work you did on a site never ever host with them.I prefer to host sites with companies who can host PHP Motion as i know the requirement for that script is to high so you can upload up to 1 Gig files ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.