Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
[quote author=D-Tronic link=topic=27.msg66#msg66 date=1273753597]Not sure if both parties are willing. But if so, I can integrate SMF with Joomla so it'll be one database for user names.[/quote]that would be nice

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Hello fellow slatersat the moment slatedroid.com , may have been registered to 2 people , me being one of them. at the moment I am one being hosed because the cannot figure out what to do . so as a backup plan I have registered slatedroid.org and net. Also once this mess is sorted , with the help of dtronix and myself . and with the approval of the forum site admin . I would like to the sites to combine under one umbrella. Dtronix and i can handle the website side and the forum will have their own heads of states . but we are def open to the idea

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He had some issues with his domain registration. Apparently they sold him slatedroid.com when someone else owned it. He's ordered .net and .org so i suppose the transfer will be in order soon.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
So I'm assuming you guys are planing on setting up a website front-end for the device using Joomla? If so then I think that would be great in terms of presentation, ease of access etc. Unfortunately this server is under enough strain as it is so I am afraid you won't be able to host the CMS here - otherwise I'd have been more than happy to host it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe he has a host. So, it wouldn't need to be hosted on this server. I'm not sure if he's willing to host the forum, that would make it easier. If not I'm sure i could setup the databases remotely.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Hello yes I already have my own hosting setup and I a simply waiting for the .net to be setup and I also own the .org. I would be able to host the forum on the server also but i will leave that choice up to you guys. whatever is easier, plus sadly D-tronic will need to do the move as i have no idea how to do that ( sorry D)

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
when the forums move , you will be given root access. so anything that forum related you will access to. thats if you want it .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=Mike link=topic=27.msg99#msg99 date=1273773121]Well that suits me fine. Should only take me about 30 mins to get it all set up and running again after exporting the DBs. [/quote]I set up SMF and Joomla integration on slatedroid.com all I need to do now is import the databases and then do some theming. So, I'm ready to move forward whenever you and mp4doggie are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.