Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading another site and they managed to get a usb keyboard to work with the motodroid. I have already built a cable from a usb female and old ipod cable. As I have not received my Eken I have not had a chance to test it but i will keep all updated

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like more than just getting the keyboard connected.The firmware does not have the usb driver module (.ko file) in the systemlibmodules directory (which is where it usually should be). Someone who is more of an embedded linux person than I could probably compile the relevant drivers or take them from another Arm build (like the Apad/iRobot device which does support keyboards/mice).I know Linux on PCs, but Android on embedded devicesis still a bit puzzling to me
Perhaps one of the ROM developers/modders could shed some light?

·
Registered
164 Posts
in a video demo of the moonsie (cant remeber which exactly it was) it showed someone plugging in a usb mouse too it, and im sure he mentioned a keyboard worked. im pretty sure internally they are very similar, im getting one soon, ill let you guys know if the drivers can be ported.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thats good news for HID devices. But as he rightly says, the Bluetooth device lights up, but thats it until drivers are found.The WiFi does have a driver (rt3070.ko in the modules folder), which is why that works :)I would really like to get a USB GPS in one of these, but USB-Serial drivers aren't ported to Android yet according to XDA forums I have read - phones with built-in GPS use direct serial connections to their GPS chipsets. I know this as one of my good friends is an engineer for Foxconn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.