Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know if skype works on this thing? I got a few last day and it said that there's skype on it. Sure enough there's the app there, but I can't seem to log on. I normally use skype on my iphone, but this thing is asking for a skype phone number. Anyone knows how to log in without this or has purchased the number and log in and used skype with the m003?Thanks

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi - replied to your post on our thread, but didn't realise exactly what your issue was.It does require a phone number to log on, but it doesn't actually use the number for anything - I think this is a legacy of the app being the same one that is used in the Android phones. It doesn't really matter what number you put in here, although it would probably be best to put in a real phone number.I put in my own mobile phone number when logging in and we were able to use the IM functionality. We didn't try out the voice-calling functionality, however, so I'm afraid I can't say whether this works, although I'd be pretty certain that it should work fine using the in-built microphone and speakers.Hope this helps.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it keeps saying that it can't log on using my phone's internet connection. The tablet is hooked up to wifi and browsing seems to be working fine tho.I did try the mic, with the recording software. Its really soft so I'd like to know how well that works with skype.Also mines seem to be constantly crashing.

· Registered
22 Posts
Do you have a phonenumber in your skype profile at the PC ? If yes, you need to use this also in the android version of skype, then it should work, at least this was it what had done it for me.

· Registered
75 Posts
[quote name='Jenne;14904]Do you have a phonenumber in your skype profile at the PC ? If yes' date=' you need to use this also in the android version of skype, then it should work, at least this was it what had done it for me.[/QUOTE'] I CAN log in, I also see my contacts.I can write them text messages, but I cannot actually CALL them ...any ideas? BTW I am using M001 ... but I guess there is no difference on that matter between m001 and m003

· Registered
44 Posts
[quote name='salo1982;15631]Yes' date=' Fring works - Have used it on the m001 and m003 - once you create an account, you can import your skype contacts, and make and receive calls.[/QUOTE'] have you try it to make and receive calls with your friend? coz I'm having a weird experience with my Apad, i got two unit apad, 1 unit preloaded with original android firmware 1.5 which has microphone disabled, and the second unit has been upgraded to Hybrid Rom 6 beta and the microphone is working fine, the problem is when i try to make a voice call using fring from the second apad to call the first apad, my wife is handling the first apad with microphone disabled she can hear my voice clearly but i cannot hear her voice (of course), and then i try to upgrade the firmware in the first apad from original to Hybrid Rom 6 beta, well since they are using the same firmware i have now 2 unit apad with microphone function enabled right? yes, and then i try to make another voice call using fring and something irritating happened, both device don't have speaker sound enabled during the calling progress, i cannot hear my wife voice and vice versa, with SIP on fring i can make a phone call to my wife nokia phone and her blackberry phone and she can also hear my voice but once again when she speak i heard nothing NO SOUND, what is wrong?? can somebody help me to solve this? you can add my fring id "eroticid" for testing purpose, thanks in advanced

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.