Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hello everyone! As promised I did a small change to the Original Froyo ROM of September. This is ALL UNTESTED as I don't have a tablet to work with.
The procedure to install it, is the same as any of the original ROM's
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Here are the changes:

deleted:

stock launcher
facebook
messenger
twitter
angry birds

added:

ADWlauncher EX (the payed version)
Google Music (Beta! it can play all your music library and you can add your google music account if you were lucky enough to get an invite)
Honeycomb Boot Animation (bootanimation.zip altered!)

Enjoy!
P.s-If anyone with more advanced knowledge sees any problem with this ROM prior to flashing it, let me know so I can change it!

EDIT 21/11/2011
ROM has been removed for the time being. Will make a new one as soon as a new official Gingerbread release is launched and will change a couple of things. In the mean time bare with me, use other custom roms or go for the 1011 update which is a bit more stable than this one

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, apparently I'm not going to use that, because I want Skype and Angry birds

I'm going to buy a Zenithink with SjPedro, he's going to have to teach me to create these custom firmwares some day.

·
Registered
615 Posts
good, be up!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks GuitarJJ. glad you enjoyed it and thanks for testing it out!
What was the problem with the boot animation by the way? so I can correct it and/or change it

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah ok. it was my first ever attempt at a ROM and I will keep your opinion registered for when I do a next one (should be on the 2.3 update)
again, glad you enjoyed it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just found one bug; the keyboard isn't available (or isn't working as least)!

When I touch an input field, there appears no keyboard. I can't either find it in the Android-settings.

·
Registered
490 Posts
thanks GuitarJJ. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I figured out what was wrong on the ROM. I removed the Latinme.apk which is the stock android keyboard and for that I apologize.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k9hiq8...e/LatinIME.apk

download this and insert it on your tablet. In the meantime i will correct this issue and make a new ROM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the ROM, I'm new to all of this as only had the tablet 2 days! I experienced the same issue with the keyboard, but just connected my desktop USB keyboard and downloaded the gingerbread keyboard from Android Market. I would prefer not to have the Honeycomb animation if possible in future versions. the new launcher is far superior and more responsive than the standard one. I hated the low res icons etc of the stock launcher.

Great work.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks Jonesy NZ!
On future firmwares, I will change the bootanimation since it's not that much appreciated by the users and it's all about the users in the end

This 1.1v corrected firmware has the keyboard again if you want to reflash it.

I will however, when I have the tablet (since I am developing all of this without the tablet) go in deeper into the firmware and change things even further and make something even more "custom" for you all.
Thanks for your input it is invaluable for further evolution of our small community

·
Registered
50 Posts
great effort SJPedro..thanks..

hehhe possible to create a new one for 7" C71?? or is this compatible with C71?

thanks..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey gt20v! Glad you liked it! No this version is not compatible with the C71 but one can be built. Get me a link (different from the official zenithink website if possible) with the 2.2 version of that tablet and I'll see what I can do
Keep in mind that I cannot test the firmware and it's all in your hands to test it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mines on the way for my kid. Whats the benefit of using a custom rom? I wouldnt mind one, biggest thing I can see is using kind of honeycomb and a different web launcher which I here is much faster then the original one that comes on the tablet. If you can make one like that but with angry birds on it and need for speed that would be perfect for my kid but gotta have those games lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mines on the way for my kid. Whats the benefit of using a custom rom? I wouldnt mind one, biggest thing I can see is using kind of honeycomb and a different web launcher which I here is much faster then the original one that comes on the tablet. If you can make one like that but with angry birds on it and need for speed that would be perfect for my kid but gotta have those games lol
Well this custom ROM eliminated the chunky launcher and most applications, but you can download on market a lot of games for your kid! The laucher is a lot faster and easier to customize. you can even create folder for applications.
Honeycomb might be available soon because I have heard that there are no limitations to the hardware (single core or dual core works on honeycomb) so it's just a matter of time until the code is made public....back to topic:
I decided to delete the games from the main ROM to allow people to download the latest versions of the games.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would like also to test a SJPedro rom. Can you run a videocall on skype? only if its possible. I don't care if its skype or other videocall program, but I suppose others programs would have the same problem...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In this ROM I removed the native skype. you can download it again on the market. As I said, this ROM hasn't been tested by me because I don't have a tablet as of yet. But people have been saying it's working ok. Give it a shot,download skype on the market and see how it goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In this ROM I removed the native skype. you can download it again on the market. As I said, this ROM hasn't been tested by me because I don't have a tablet as of yet. But people have been saying it's working ok. Give it a shot,download skype on the market and see how it goes.
Sorry, I forgot to say that I have a C71, If I had a C91, I would have tested

1 - 20 of 35 Posts