Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to say 'thanks' to all the smart people here who figured out how to unlock the power of this cool little device.This afternoon I bought it at BB+B for $170 less 20% less $20 rebate, and this evening I have a working android tablet including Market!Cheers!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Xhorder - if you want to bring it down to just under $100 before taxes, go back to BB&B where you bought the Novel and have them price-match the Walgreens.com price of 149.99 (I took in the flyer from my Sunday paper here in the Austin area instead of showing them the web page). BB&B did a 'return' transaction then another sale transaction for the Novel and a price match discount of $20, and then re-applied the 20% discount coupon I originally used to bring the price down to 119.99. After I eventually get the $20 rebate from BB&B, I will have paid $99.99 before taxes. Good luck - the store manager happened to be the one who did it for me without any hesitation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to echo Xhorder's thanks to the fellow members on this board. I bought the PDN about three week ago. It was a good device and I used it stock so I can get familar with it as well as learn more about it before I start tweaking it. After reading about everyone's experiences so far with the various scripts/procedures that the experts developed here, I finally took the plunge yesterday and ran the Volume Key and Pandahome hacks. It was easier than I thought and the tablet is now much more useful than before (I intended to use it as an Internet tablet rather than an ereader anyway). I'm now beginning to see the power of this device - just wish it was a little lighter. Once I get the "courage", I will run the Google experience script and then perhaps the Market hack later. I was thinking about the Augen Gentouch but not anymore. Thanks again, everyone!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I actually have both the Gentouch and the PDN at the moment, but the Gentouch is getting returned. The PDN is significantly cheaper (I also got the Walgreen's price match, so ~$107 with taxes after everything applied), it has an accelerometer, it has the Marketplace, it runs ACV (which the Gentouch has issues with), and there's a functional "recovery" mode via the firmware update. Granted, some of the Gentouch deficiencies may be fixed with the firmware update next week, but right now the PDN is (generally) superior. The only two major issues I have with the PDN right now is the Wifi sleep problem and the video playback performance - two areas, btw, that the Gentouch is superior to the PDN.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Posted this in a Kohls code sticky thread, thought I'd sprinkle the info in a few other places so folks can pursue great deals on the PDN.Got a plastic sleeve full of flyers and a coupon from Kohls on Saturday for a sale that starts 8/11 and runs through 8/18. They have the PDN advertised for $174.99 with a $15 MIR. With the included 30% off coupon (or use of the discount code THIRTY4U on-line), that would bring the price down to $122.49 initially, and with the MIR redeemed, $107.49.What would be slightly better would be if you can get your local Kohl's to price match BBB's $169.99 price and apply the 30% off and MIR as above, you could get your final price to $103.99, or even better, get them to price match Walgreens $149.99 price (which was set to expire 8/7 but still shows on their Web site - may still on 8/11...), use the coupon and the MIR and the final price tumbles to an amazing $89.99! Good Luck, bargain hunters...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.