Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Waiting for parts bores me so I bought a super cheap $30 PSP1000. The PSP can emulate PS1 games almost flawlessly due to great devs from the PSP community! (thanks guys). One of my favorite games to play is Metal Gear Solid (hella yeah!). Due to the absence of secondary left and right physical triggers, the dev team reprogrammed the left and right direction of the analog stick to represent them. Left analog = Left secondary triggerRight analog = Right secondary triggerSo what I've done was rewire the analog sticks to actual triggers to give me the full PS1 experience. The trick was to use original parts in order for it to look some what stock.NOTE: front plate has a crack on it, I'm ordering a new one now. I have electrical tape holding the current plate on for presentation purposes only. Mods to the PSP-1000:-Redesigned new back using another spare back as a template-Used original PSP triggers -Used 9.5mm high tactile switch from Radioshack Part number: 275-0003 (this helps while gluing so excess glue doesn't jam the tactile switch and gave me more room for error)-Removed UMD drive-Removed and cleaned up all support brackets for the UMD drive-Wired 2 additional stock 1800mAh 3.6v batteries in parallel to the main battery (for total of 3 batteries)-5400 mAh 3.6v total battery capacity (can run up to 15hours)-USB chargingMORE PICTURES!! posts # 12-15 on page 2 has a lot more pictures for you!!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Initial thoughts on how it's going to come together before any major things are done
If anyone wants to donate me another black PSP1000 outer shell (front and back) that would be appreciated. General direction of how it's going to be built
Almost finished outer shell
Trigger perfection, finished outershell.
After first round of bondo/sanding, Photo #1After first round of bondo/sanding, Photo #2After first round of bondo/sanding, Photo #3

·
Registered
97 Posts
crazy, that will look cool

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it'll mainly be on the back side of the PSP so that should be quick and easy. I just noticed a big crack on the outer front shell of it (not LCD) but I'm not sure where to buy just the front outer shell. Anyone got a spare?

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote name='Carnivore;9551]Yeah' date=' it'll mainly be on the back side of the PSP so that should be quick and easy. I just noticed a big crack on the outer front shell of it (not LCD) but I'm not sure where to buy just the front outer shell. Anyone got a spare?[/QUOTE'] DealExtreme

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LEFT BUTTON UPDATE: Tried out the secondary button position, it looks phenomenal! Need to fill in the holes around the button and minor spot putty around some areas. I'll be using 9.5mm high tact switch from radioshack part number: 275-0003

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wire up the batteries in parallel with 24gauge solid hookup wire. It all fits in there!Anyone interested in doing this mod, this is the wiring procedure:Starting from the top going down I'm going to name it A,B,C, and D. So it'd be likeABCDWiring A+B to a tactile switch gives you the secondary right triggerWiring B+C to a tactile switch gives you the secondary left triggerUse 30gauge enamel coated wire.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Damn is their anything you can't do with bondo and a soldering ironsweet mod once again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.