Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week since I got this tablet, I haven't had any major gripes with it except battery: when the battery gauge reaches 40 or so %, it shuts down abruptly and gives me battery empty warning on restart. Without external charger I can't boot it. Since I updated to JB as soon as I got it, I don't know whether this battery gauge problem is related to OS or hardware; I also tried recalibrating battery (deleting batterystats.bin).
Any clues? Mr.T?

Also, last night I removed the alu backplate and my wifi signal went from -65 (at 3m from router) to almost full. Will deal with this, perhaps add/replace antenna with a more sensitive one...

Otherwise, great little tablet, especially if you consider its price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried calibrating the battery? There are lots of apps to do that, it needs root though.
I have actually, that was the girst thing I did. Charged to full, disconnected from chager, ran battery calibrator, but to no avail.

·
Registered
186 Posts
As I start having same problem after about 6 weeks of use (~120 hours) I googled to this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1460553

So I guess no help there...

- I must admit, I used Battery Saver by AnTuTu since day 3 , now I deleted it. Maybe this is a culprit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Since the JB upgrade I aso started having issues with battery life.

I reverted to 4.0.4 and everything is OK now. Nome more shutdowns or crazy jumps

·
Registered
186 Posts
For the last few days thinks R OK here.
I did found out that it's better to charge with tab ON & sleep than when tab shout down.

- I also can recommend on DeviceDoctor by Zubha Labs
and Battery Solo Widget

·
Registered
186 Posts
I reverted to 4.0.4 too, got fed up of the inconsistent battery indicator. Now things are much better.
What other mishaps you had with JB? Does inconsistent battery indicator effected the total working time? I'm with JB get about 3-4 hours from 100% down to 14% I don't think it can aver be better than that on this cell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What other mishaps you had with JB? Does inconsistent battery indicator effected the total working time? I'm with JB get about 3-4 hours from 100% down to 14% I don't think it can aver be better than that on this cell.
The system clock never worked properly with JB: with thescreen off the clock lost several hours each day. ICS is much better: battery indicator works, clock keeps time, and I can even recharge the tablet (slowly) from one of my laptop's USB ports.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Very strange ludoo, for the last 8 weeks my JB clock never lost a minute.
Any how, good that you back enjoying the tab.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very strange ludoo, for the last 8 weeks my JB clock never lost a minute.
Any how, good that you back enjoying the tab.
Did you root the tablet? I installed JB twice, and both times I had real problems with the clock. Now, after reverting back to ICS, it's the first time since I bought the P85 that the battery and clock are running ok. Very strange.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes it's rooted, and I removed all Chinese stuff. I had some problems when I had a "recommended" battery app, but since I removed it and put a widget, knock on wood, things R better.
I can't tell much about ICS as I had it just for few days, before curiosity bits me to JB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts