Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I am thinking of purchasing this Android Tablet off of eBay: New EX900 7" Android WiFi Camera Tablet PC Case + 4GB - eBay (item 300449253187 end time Aug-23-10 04:33:41 PDT) I don't know if anyone here has any experience with it, but if you do I have some questions and concerns about it. First is the webcam good? I will want to Skype with it and wonder if it can Skype out of the box and if I can use Video chat with it? How is the web browsing, specifically YouTube? Is the screen good and how is it's touch response? Also I am concerned about battery life and how it holds up with heavy use? Also, in relation to the battery, what is the charge time for the device?Can i update the software on it and download apps from the android market?ThanksCurtis:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Curtis;30614]Hello said:
New EX900 7" Android WiFi Camera Tablet PC Case + 4GB - eBay (item 300449253187 end time Aug-23-10 04:33:41 PDT)[/url]I don't know if anyone here has any experience with it, but if you do I have some questions and concerns about it. First is the webcam good? I will want to Skype with it and wonder if it can Skype out of the box and if I can use Video chat with it? How is the web browsing, specifically YouTube? Is the screen good and how is it's touch response? Also I am concerned about battery life and how it holds up with heavy use? Also, in relation to the battery, what is the charge time for the device?Can i update the software on it and download apps from the android market?ThanksCurtis:)
In a word NO, its a M001 in a better case, i have one and i wish i had not got it now,on paper it looks good but thats about it. I flashed a M001 rooted firmware to mine by mistake and now it turns on but i have no touchscreen or menu button (plug in usb mouse i can use it),i have emailed the seller about getting the firmware file but still waiting. The market did not work,just stuck on downloading and the battery lastest about half what is claimed. If i can get the right firmware i think it could be made better but till then stay clear of it, save your money and buy a aPad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
To tell the truth look on ebay for anything that is powered by rockchip, look to pay around the ?110 mark, if your not sure just post up a link i am sure someone can help you out....

·
Registered
111 Posts
That device is not the m001 nor is it anything like it from what I can tell from the pictures, for one the m001 has a via processor that device claims to have a samsung processor also the m001 does not have a usb port that that device has a usb port on the side. Also to note that device looks as it have a removable battery and the m001 does not. So in my opinion they are nothing alike. But as far as that device being any good I cannot answer that as I have never had hands on with it nor come across any reviews of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote name='rockwater;31245]That device is not the m001 nor is it anything like it from what I can tell from the pictures' date=' for one the m001 has a via processor that device claims to have a samsung processor also the m001 does not have a usb port that that device has a usb port on the side. Also to note that device looks as it have a removable battery and the m001 does not. So in my opinion they are nothing alike. But as far as that device being any good I cannot answer that as I have never had hands on with it nor come across any reviews of it.[/QUOTE'] Mate trust me on what i say, its a M001 with a better case and a usb port, i have one sitting in front me,also google ex900 and see what you get? EX900 - 7.0 inch Touch Sreen Android1.7 Tablet PCEX900 - 7.0 inch Touch Sreen Android1.7 Tablet PC

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
hellrazaa;43448 said:
so is your opinion on yo flashing the wrong firmware and trashing your tablet or on the actual speed at which it worked?????
Not sure what you talking about here, but the EX900 is not what its cracked up to be,it works well and now i have the right software i can look in to tweaking it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts