Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I was planning to buy an aPad this week but saw all those news about the new 10'' ZT-180 for almost the same price and now im all confused and stuff :confused:So the question is: should I wait until the 10'' units reach the market or buying the 7'' edition is still the best choice? My main concern here is not even the screen, but the OS. I know people are trying to port 1.6 to the aPad but running 2.1 out of the box is a really big plus isnt it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree that having Eclair or Froyo is a bigger plus but to me 7" is enough (that's what she said.)Having a better CPU as well as Eclair is a better deal for the same price...just hope it makes it's way to the smaller form factor sooner than later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SlyDog;17360 said:
Get the 7" one now and play around with it... when you are ready for the 10" sell it off... That's still if you want to upgrade.
Yea, I tought about that but looks like the update is going to come sooner than expected. Most orders for the 10'' tablet are going to be shipped this week or next.. Not sure what to do now haha

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 7" apad and the size is perfect. It's not pocket-able but is also not very cumbersome to carry around when coupled with a carrying case. My friend's Ipad is huge in comparison and I personally don't see myself carrying around something so big on an average day for what I would use it for (which is tooling around the net, watching a video or reading a book).

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote name='TioSolid;17403]Will check the poll' date=' thanks. As I said, I still prefer the 7'' too, but having more hardware power + 2.1 is a very nice plus[/QUOTE'] That is the main advantage. Hopefully some company out there can shrink it down to a 7" and release it in the +-$150 range. (chip3c are you reading this?)

·
Registered
79 Posts
The thing is if it's too big you may not keep using it. Aside from the cost the size is the reason I've gone for a 7" MID rather than an iPAD. I just don't want something that big for what I want the device for (but I am also cheap so that helped with the decision). Figure out if you will be happy day to day with a 10" device and if so, go for it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think that I saw someone selling it on ebay for around 269 USD...would be nice if we can reduce the price down to around 200I know that if you buy it directly from the Chinese seller at tabobao (the Chinese ebay like site) the price is around 1288 RMBthat rounds to around 190 USD according to today's exchange rate :Dthat does not include shipping tho, mind youthis is the link in case anyone does care to have a look:http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5837039838I hope that this won't be considered as advertising as I have no relation to the seller whatsoever ^^

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote name='synonymous;18172]Witstech A81-E[URL]http://www.merimobiles.com/Witstech_A81_E_Android_2_1_WinCE6_0_Free_Case_p/meri0306.htm[/URL]It has dual OS (Android 2.1 and Win CE 6.0)' date=' costs $200, has bluetooth (works only in Win CE), and a $15 GPS add-on. Not to mention it comes with a case.[/QUOTE']I mean BT and GPS working in Android. That is a well spec'd device, I could even do without BT as long as I had GPS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.