Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that like to use the PDLauncher still I have a way to add a shortcut to it on the home screen.Download and install Any Cut. You can get this from the Market it and it is free (you can also use Better Cut but this is a commercial app). Then do the following.1. Tap and hold on the screen and select shortcut.2. Choose Any Cut.3. Tap on Activity.4. Scroll till you see com.fsc.app.launcher.PDLauncher and then tap on it.5. Name the icon and then tap on OK.6. A new generic icon will appear on your home screen with the name you gave it.7. Launch PDLauncher any time you want. :)If you purchase Better Cut you can also change the icon to any icon that you want.

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote name='blazingwolf;37092]Yep' date=' sure will. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] Interesting. When I used this to add the PD reader it says no such app when I try to start it via the new shortcut. However, I had previously added the reader to the notification bar and it works fine from there.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Speaking of this, has anyone tried nook on the new firmware without deleting libpdf? They updated it, so I was hoping it might be compatible and everyone can hold hands and sing kumbaya while we use PDNReader and Nook on the same machine.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just tried nook, and it didn't work for me. actually the process of uninstalling it required me to push the reset button because the touchscreen stopped working. that was only the seconds time I've had to do that. :(kindle downloads don't seem to work for me either, but I'm not sure if they work for anyone.

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote name='JulieB;37212]Try this thread: [URL]http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigital-novel-app-compatibility/4448-kindle.html[/URL]The fix seems to vary depending on which firmware version you're running. It works great for me on the 8/6 firmware' date=' BTW.[/QUOTE'] I was hoping updating to the new fw would give me the magical fix you experienced by re-installing 7/24 but no such luck. I still can't read DRM'd Kindle books on the PDN. Good thing there are tools available to make them readable via other ereader software.

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote name='JulieB;37212]Try this thread: [URL]http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigital-novel-app-compatibility/4448-kindle.html[/URL]The fix seems to vary depending on which firmware version you're running. It works great for me on the 8/6 firmware' date=' BTW.[/QUOTE'] JulieB, That link points to an empty page. I'd help fix it but I have no idea what you had in mind. There is no way to add a shortcut to just the PDeReader, which is what was asked for. You can only link to the PDLauncher.And those of us who want to use the PD B&N readed and Library, from what I have read, have uninstalled the Nook apk because we just don't like it.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I had no trouble getting a shortcut to the PND eReader following BW's instructions. Long press on empty spot on homescreenSelect shortcut ... Better(any)cut ... activities ... PDReaderTrust me, it works. Used it w/Panda ADW and Launcher Pro. Takes me directly to the last open page of my book.Sent from my Hacked PDN TriCorder via Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
[quote name='Mark Adams;79988]I had no trouble getting a shortcut to the PND eReader following BW's instructions. Long press on empty spot on homescreenSelect shortcut ... Better(any)cut ... activities ... PDReaderTrust me' date=' it works. Used it w/Panda ADW and Launcher Pro. Takes me directly to the last open page of my book.Sent from my Hacked PDN TriCorder via Tapatalk[/QUOTE'] Thanks, Mark. Is there any ability to (as with the PDSearch app) go to another book other than the last opened one, i.e., to supply a parameter to the PDReader app so that opens a specific book? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
[quote name='tadroid;80042]Thanks' date=' Mark. Is there any ability to (as with the PDSearch app) go to another book other than the last opened one, i.e., to supply a parameter to the PDReader app so that opens a specific book? Thanks.[/QUOTE'] Interesting question. I had recalled it would take me to the library if there was no open book, but that was in error. It takes you to a book regardless. If there's no "last read book" it takes you to the newest book. If it was open it takes you to the last page you were on, but I even tried deleting the "last" book (a converted newspaper actually) and went back to the home screen (ADW, not the PDN's) and the shortcut took me to page one of the next newest imported book. I imagine it would puke an error of some kind if there were no epubs in the /PD_Novel/ebooks/ directory, but what's the point really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.