Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the story so far. I bough a rockchip apad a while ago. It came and it ended up it was a blue light version ( before they actually brought out this new blue light version.) So sent it back to the seller and got a refund.Saved a little and bought the zt 180 zenpad, just as i order it gets outed as not a cortex. So i canceled that order and got a refund. So i decide ok ill buy the rockchip apad again, just to tide me over till they fix the firmware on the zt180 or they bring out a 10 inch cortex.Bought it from the uk, from an ebay seller with 200 odd sales, and 100 percent feedback. Had his own pics of the item. Looked like a genuine rockchip. Sent the guy email asking questions. He told me what i wanted to hear. Camera, red charge light, duel micro usb ports, adapter with it, running 1.5 with 128mb memory.It came this morning. And boy was i pissed off. It was a via chipset, with 256mb memory, had no usb ports at all, the 30 pin dock connector and the speakers at the bottom not the tops. So right now im fighting with the seller for a full refund.Im getting really sick of this, that one seemed like the real thing. Pics of the device, look like home took photos, great feedback and when it arrives its a dud.Im loosing faith in these little devices and it just aint their fault. If i could find a reliable damb seller maybe id be enjoying the process more. Its putting me off them all together and i really really wanted one.Think its gotta be a brand names one i buy, In which case the only real name i know so far, is archos, there more expensive but least ill get what i pay for.For anyone who was interested the seller was called :Seller infoMember ID : jaso1198

·
Registered
9 Posts
Morning all, new here but thought id offer some input. I recently got a 7" apad and im pleased with it, seller was very helpful. Check out DigiBites items - Get great deals on items on eBay.co.uk Shops! Ordered a 4 gig one, arrived a couple of days later than expected but seller kept me informed at all times. After about a day, the charger blew up and damaged the pad and i returned it after a chat with the seller. He was very good about it and arranged a replacement, even sent me an 8 gig version as it too him awhile to get it to me.Hope that helps

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there, thanks for your input. Yeah i seen those ones. Well u have had a good experience with your seller. Wish i has the same with my seller. Think ill try hold out.was really considering going to comet and getting an ipad on comet. But i really wanted the android tablet. Much cheaper and do much much more i recon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
JamesA;34200]Morning all said:
DigiBites items - Get great deals on items on eBay.co.uk Shops![/url] Ordered a 4 gig one, arrived a couple of days later than expected but seller kept me informed at all times. After about a day, the charger blew up and damaged the pad and i returned it after a chat with the seller. He was very good about it and arranged a replacement, even sent me an 8 gig version as it too him awhile to get it to me.Hope that helps
240 $ +shipping for an a-pad, that a f-ing ripoff.to the OP : you should have gone with mp4nation, they're cheap and trustworthy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you bought from mp4 nation before ? , just a bit warey about buying from abraud. Thought it would have been safer buying from uk, but guess its just the luck of the draw.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
MP4Nation are a well-respected company, the advantage you have is that you can raise issues with them and they will get noticed and responded to. You also have about a year of warranty on some devices.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well its been sent back now, filed it throw ebay. But i dont think the guys english. But i do know hes a proper prick.Told him it was different from what he advertised and would like a refund. Then filed with ebay. Got his return ardress and a message from him saying " send back way i sent..... dont damage my unit". In those exact words.I then emailed back it had been posted in the packing it came with. and that i was returning it due to false advert.He then emailed back with (now before i continue, he had actual home took pics of a rockchip one) "the pics i take to show working... the pic i put youtube different..... sellers some different"To that i gave him a nice detailed explication about how he advertised one with a rockchip, it has a via. He advertised 128mb ram, it has 256mb. Advertised with mini usbs and speaker on back not no usbs and speakers on the bottom. Android 1.5 not 1.7.4, and the list grew.No reply again yet but i hope to god when he gets this tomorrow i get my refund. Ill be mighty pissed if he tries to say i damaged it or something. I turned it on, back off and back in the box. Simple as.And once i get my refund, his 100% feedbacks gonna take a small drop, cause he aint getting no positive anything. Guy dosen even seem like he can talk proper english or read what ive sent him

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='n00tsy;34213]240 $ +shipping for an a-pad' date=' that a f-ing ripoff.to the OP : you should have gone with mp4nation, they're cheap and trustworthy.[/QUOTE'] Apart from they are not in the uk and i would have had to pay import fees, VAT and a fee to the post office for dealing with it. Ive been stung like that before and cheap items are no longer cheap once you add that lot on. Also makes returns a nightmare. I shopped around and was happy with the price i paid taking everything into account.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MP4Nation and Merimobiles are the 2 you can trust. I prefer MP4Nation.com. Custom firmware and the 30 day swap if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi well just got my refund issued, should be back in my bank in a few days. Then gonna order me a wits a81e, think for the money and the fact its a proper cortex a8, its the tablet for me. The only thing its missing is its not a 10 inch. Slight downside, but 7 inch should be ok for reading my comics, slight internet browsing, and using as a pmp on the plane

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, if it had been released as 10" I wouldn't have one and is one of the reasons I don't want an iPad. 5" too small and 10" too big. 7" or 8" is in the zone for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts