Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know with my phone only certain speeds are accepted.528 is standard and then nothing else works until 619, then nothing until 691. if i set it anywhere between 619 and 691 it drops back to 619.How big of a jump are you making?

·
Registered
87 Posts
edit_text;17139]Well said:
here[/URL]. Now with setCPU I am at least able to set the min cpu speed higher which makes the device much more responsive.e_t
For us noobs, how do I get a copy of setCPU and what value were you able to set the OC to? Is setCPU an app that is installed on the device itself? Or some process on our host desktop?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can get SetCPU here. You will have to register to use the forum in order to download. You cannot overclock with it! However, it is not totally useless. The Novel normally runs with a Min speed of 66MHz!!! That can be adjusted to 133 or 266. At 266 the Novel is very responsive, but will probably drain the bat way too fast. For now I recommend 133, it does still leave a little to be desired but is a very noticeable difference. e_t

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='edit_text;17489]You can get SetCPU [URL=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419]here[/URL]. You will have to register to use the forum in order to download. You cannot overclock with it! However' date=' it is not totally useless. The Novel normally runs with a Min speed of 66MHz!!! That can be adjusted to 133 or 266. At 266 the Novel is very responsive, but will probably drain the bat way too fast. For now I recommend 133, it does still leave a little to be desired but is a very noticeable difference. e_t[/QUOTE'] Okay, I got setcpu and root (I think... how can I tell if root has been established for sure?). When I first went into setcpu, it wanted to know the device, so I selected the Samsung Moment. At first, it showed min and max both 66, so I changed the max to 532 and the min to 133. It seems snappier, but I would have felt better if I had done a benchmark before I changed it. When I go back into setcpu, it still shows the max 532 and min 133, so it looks like it is holding. When I asked setcpu to bring up the info screen, it shows the cpu freq as 532, so that appears to be correct. I wonder if it was really max'ed at 66 before? That would be kinda slow, and perhaps why the standard operation seems unresponsive at times. It seems quite responsive now. I guess I will pay with bad battery life now. I will report how it goes with the battery in a few days.

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;17670]There's no way to put it higher? Is the option blocked? The CPU is the same as the moment' date=' so technically 800 Mhz should be an option.[/QUOTE'] While I was playing around with it, going in and out of various screens in setcpu, it did momentarily show max 800... but it quickly went back to 532. It was as if setcpu suddenly forgot what the max was on this unit. I have mine, as I wrote before, at 133/532 now, and it is especially responsive to the screen keypresses now. I am actually able to use the unit without a stylus for the 1st time!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
edit_text;17688 said:
Don't forget too that we are selecting a phone in SetCPU that does support 800Mhz. Our device is not officially supported but I will take what I can get.e_t
It is the exact same CPU, so we are pretty much officially supported, with the exception of having a kernel to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
edit_text;17139]Well said:
here[/URL]. Now with setCPU I am at least able to set the min cpu speed higher which makes the device much more responsive.e_t
Thanks for the link, the instructions for root access posted in the forums were disorganized. That page you linked to worked perfectly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.