Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been several posts asking about screens that don't seem to turn off or don't turn off completely, etc. However my weird question: Is there a setting/app that can enable the screen to stay on? I need it for Slacker Radio. Else the max system default timeout is 30 minutes which means I'll need to occasionally poke at the screen to avoid timeout--slightly inconvenient! I've set Slacker to keep the screen on but I think the system setting overrides it and still shuts off at 30 mins, after which the wifi connection is severed. So I think the only way to leave the app running is to have the screen on. Grr. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. :confused:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, if you enable/set up email and then have the system check for mail at an interval < your screen timeout, it should do what you want, but this is a guess based on the behavior I observed where the email refresh kept waking up my device after the screen timeout kicked in (to a VERY low brightness level - almost unnoticeable unless you are in a darkened room).If you need more details on how to do this, I can put in the detailed steps, but I don't have my device with me right now - I remember it involved going into the folders view/page in the email app and mucking with the account settings where there was something which allowed you to set the frequency of checking for new mail.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I installed IM + (found in the Android Apps download section) and it notified me that it would diasble standby or something. After installing this, my Novel no longer Automatically Stand's By, tested it last nite. Ran all nite long without Stand By.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.