Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else getting random reboots, but it's much quicker then a normal boot? Just paused, then flashes the android screen and desktop refreshes. Much like when explorer crashes in windows. I the log i can see that the watchdog is having troubles, then it restarts the service. I would have more detail, but it crashed on me before i could save.Seems like it may be related to loosing wifi, but i can't verify that. I can say that this has happened on all ROMs since day one.My A81E is running 831 and is rooted.KO

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote name='kiteOregon;51893]Anybody else getting random reboots' date=' but it's much quicker then a normal boot? Just paused, then flashes the android screen and desktop refreshes. Much like when explorer crashes in windows. I the log i can see that the watchdog is having troubles, then it restarts the service. I would have more detail, but it crashed on me before i could save.Seems like it may be related to loosing wifi, but i can't verify that. I can say that this has happened on all ROMs since day one.My A81E is running 831 and is rooted.KO[/QUOTE']I have been having exactly the same problem since I flashed 0831, although I haven't gotten around to checking the logs yet. I was hoping a new firmware would come out this week that would fix the problem.I find that the reboots happen more often if I've left the device idle. It doesn't happen a lot during use. I also have problems with my wifi connection. Sometimes I'll unlock the device to find that it's lost the connection. If I try to disable and reenable wifi it never connects, and if I try to go into wifi settings the settings application either locks up or crashes. I have to do a full shutdown and restart to get it going again. I've also never managed to get GPS to find my position, despite leaving it outside for over half an hour with clear view of the sky, and I haven't managed to be able to connect anything via bluetooth or USB OTG (eg USB flash drive). I really hope there are some more firmware updates on the way to solve all these issues.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is the exact same I get 2 posters up. I would of never noticed it if it was by my side on the couch the other night, it fast reboot then I checked wifi was off, tried to turn it in and no go.had to reboot via power button. This is on firmware 08/31. It worked fine on shipped 08/09.Sent from my A81E using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.