Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I search Slatedroid without getting the "word was less than four letters or using img...etc". For example searching for ".36 kernel". There are other times when I have been searching Slatedroid when the search will include 4 letters or less and I always get the same result.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do I search Slatedroid without getting the "word was less than four letters or using img...etc". For example searching for ".36 kernel". There are other times when I have been searching Slatedroid when the search will include 4 letters or less and I always get the same result.
I thought I was very ignorant of technical talk and then I find I can't even do a simple search without getting that same response about the less than four characters. Then I felt simply STUPID. But how do you use words like 'up' as in 'boot up'? Frustration for newbees.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
I thought I was very ignorant of technical talk and then I find I can't even do a simple search without getting that same response about the less than four characters. Then I felt simply STUPID. But how do you use words like 'up' as in 'boot up'? Frustration for newbees.
Agreed the search function is limited, (and frustrating to some) and has been discussed already ... so a workaround for the four characters is to use your terms inside quotation marks.

Just as you typed (with the quotation marks) "boot up" resulted in 3 pages of search results in all forums.

Thanks for the comment, good luck and welcome to SlateDroid.

SlateDroid Wiki : Glossary

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed the search function is limited, (and frustrating to some) and has been discussed already ... so a workaround for the four characters is to use your terms inside quotation marks.

Just as you typed (with the quotation marks) "boot up" resulted in 3 pages of search results in all forums.

Thanks, I don't feel so stupid now either. Maybe this should be made a "Sticky"?

Reactions: mrsburnout

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Thanks, I don't feel so stupid now either. Maybe this should be made a "Sticky"?
Good idea, done.

*note google "what you want to search"/slatedroid works, too.

boot up/slatedroid had 70,000 results

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks! I was feeling pretty dumb but I got it now too
It's always the most obvious answer I seem to miss

·
Registered
2 Posts
Confusing.... i using google now to search slatedroid

Searching:

/dev/block/nandh or "/dev/block/nandh"

Results in: Nothing found for "devblocknandh". Google found a lot of Posts with "/dev/block/nandh" site:slatedroid.com

Searching:

"No space left on device"

Results in: 4 letters warning. Google found a lot of Posts with "No space left on device" site:slatedroid.com

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Confusing.... i using google now to search slatedroid

Searching:

/dev/block/nandh or "/dev/block/nandh"

Results in: Nothing found for "devblocknandh". Google found a lot of Posts with "/dev/block/nandh" site:slatedroid.com

Searching:

"No space left on device"

Results in: 4 letters warning. Google found a lot of Posts with "No space left on device" site:slatedroid.com
Hi at2oo1,

Okay, because of your post, I have found another workaround for the forum search.

I selected to search all forums and entered the info with dashes rather than spaces between words. Here is what I got:

Your search for the term no-space-left-on-device returned 112 results
Your search for the term dev-block-nandh returned 102 results

Thanks for the heads up and welcome to SlateDroid.

Regards,
Mrsburnout

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Although I didn't get an error message I did get one saying no results found.
Does anyone know of a forum for 123 gizmo android 4.0.4 (I only used gizmo in the search).
Regards,
Neil.
Hello buffythefish,

Without a link from you, or any device details, and the fact that I've never heard of it, I'm going to suggest a read around some of the forums. Depending on CPU, you may have "universal" modifications available

Look here http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/85-what-tablet-have-i-got/ and Read this first: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/12752-read-first-please-read-before-you-ask-for-help/

Good luck and welcome to SLD.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Right off the bat some very useful info! I think I'm going to like it here! :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are there device-specific forums on Slatedroid? I can't seem to find them. I would like to post questions about the Yuandao N101-2 and the MK802-IIIS
I would suggest you use Google, type in "slatedroid" and then the name of the device you are searching for, do the same with "xda" and then the name of the device. Or as a last resort in google search just type in the name of your devise and the word "forums". Remember Google is your friend.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Are there device-specific forums on Slatedroid? I can't seem to find them. I would like to post questions about the Yuandao N101-2 and the MK802-IIIS
Have not read any requests for those device-specific forums [until now]. I am kind of busy this weekend and suggest you read around and start some device specific topics.

Yuandao N101-2 -- here: http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/442-window-rk3066-tablets/
TV sticks listed here - http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/377-android-tv/

I should have some time to create sub forums early next week. Thanks for your patience.
...and welcome to Slatedroid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lol me too this is killing.

Searching for "Hyundai T10" or "Tablet with GPS" is not possible because of the less than 4 letters rules.

There is a lot of 3 letters words that are not conjunctions

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol me too this is killing.

Searching for "Hyundai T10" or "Tablet with GPS" is not possible because of the less than 4 letters rules.

There is a lot of 3 letters words that are not conjunctions
You need to read the 5 or 6 post above you and they clearly explain how to do it. Geez

Reactions: mrsburnout
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.