Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
What are the difference between the m001 & m002 ?, if its no more than the extras like webcam, usb etc then you may be able to add your drivers into the 1.9.0 base.Crashing may be due to the base being unstable with the crapware they (Eken) preinstalled.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I tested the m002 1.9.0 firmware from the czech site and it seemed o.k. until I removed a couple of things and started getting acore crashes on the home screen. I just got a link to a version from a different distributor that I will test out this weekend. the rar file is named the same and is the same size as the previous one, but the md5sum is different so there may be some slight changes in it.After that I will have to give Roger's vestinious 1.2.0 a try since I keep reading good things about it. I tried Ecotox on my m002, but it didn't work correctly with the button layout on the m002. I could never unlock the homescreen because it wanted me to push a menu button I didn't have. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I confirmed the problem of SDK 1.9 on the M002.After install or unistall some apk, the andorid program crash, and ther's no way to continue, only shut off with the button off, and at the start up the tablet remain on the "Android" written.I Hope someone fix the problem, I don't find the real 1.7.4 firmware for the m002, i download many firmware but it isn't for the M002 , but for M001, and the Touch don't respons very well becouse the firmware is for M001.If anyone have news or the real 1.7.4 firmware tell here.Sorry for some bad words/verbs I'm Italian

·
Registered
291 Posts
Roger Calver;42969 said:
Its been confirmed that my Vestinious 1.2.2 works but I still need to get the camera working (its on my todo list).The link is in this subforum somewhere.
How are you working towards the camera? None of the official "firmwares" I have downloaded seem to have it working although I know mine worked with the factory flash. I pulled my m002 apart the other day, but there weren't any useful identifiers on the camera module. I wrote a few model numbers down, but they all came up empty in google searches. I will see if I can get a copy of the 1.7.4 rom mine was delivered with from my distributor.

·
Registered
291 Posts
[quote name='mammlouk;40808]I tested the m002 1.9.0 firmware from the czech site and it seemed o.k. until I removed a couple of things and started getting acore crashes on the home screen. I just got a link to a version from a different distributor that I will test out this weekend. the rar file is named the same and is the same size as the previous one' date=' but the md5sum is different so there may be some slight changes in it.After that I will have to give Roger's vestinious 1.2.0 a try since I keep reading good things about it. I tried Ecotox on my m002, but it didn't work correctly with the button layout on the m002. I could never unlock the homescreen because it wanted me to push a menu button I didn't have. ;)[/QUOTE']O.k. no significant changes. I haven't tried removing any apps on this other 1.9.0 rom, but the general performance was the same ans the camera wasn't working so I moved on to Vestinious 1.2.1. Everything besides the camera seems to work great.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Do you mean their official 1.9.0 firmware or the actual source? I have both the M002 firmware from the czech site that people originally found 1.9.0 on as well as a 1.9.0 firmware for the m002 from a distributor. There are no extra drivers in the firmware as modules so I'm guessing the camera support is compiled into the kernel.Here is the link for 1.9.0 for m002 from the guys who sold me my tablet. The download is slow, but not horrible. If you need me to I can stick it in my dropbox account and send you a link tonight.M002 1.9.0 Hontrue::EDIT:: Deleted Czech link.. it was broken. If you need it I can get it to you. ::/EDIT::

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm looking into making a pre flash backup script and so I was looking at the uboot scripts. Unless the guys making them are too lazy to make a change to scriptcmd in their build tree then that is actually an M001 "SDK"... ;(

·
Registered
291 Posts
No it doesn't. As I posted bretween Roger downloading from the 1.9.0 links I posted and then uploading a new Vestinous, the "M002" releases of 1.9.0 are not built specifically for the m002 as one would hope. The uboot script and kernel sizes clearly indicate that it is really for the m001.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.