Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A user sent me a copy of what is supposed to be factory Eken M003 SDK ver 1.9 (old is 1.7.4)So I've extracted the script folder and installed it.Android 1.6Kernel 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirtyBuild number 1.9On my clone M003Buttons and touchpad do not work.Wifi works, connects wpa2 and can browseGoing into SD Card Settings causes FCHas something called Google Pinyin Settings Turning defaults on. turning off did not help touchpad work.My pictures and My Music find files and work on SDcardyoutube not on homepage but is installed however all videos it finds it says cannot be played.Started up device in landscape and display is in landscape but could not get it to rotate.May play with it a bit more but no touchpad means I'm going back to 1.7.4 slatedroid later tonight.Cannot read battery charge status or level.USB Mouse worksCan't dump screenshot yet. But home screen has less Chinese apps on it. Settings Tools doesn't seem to have screen calibrate

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ditto. I got the 1.9 firmware on my M003 and nothing worked. I plugged in a keyboard and mouse and was able to look at stuff, but the Settings app crashed every time I tried to start it. I have a hard time believing this was 1.9 for the M003.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not usable by end users like myself. I'll be glad to pass it on to Willo or Ecotox or any other firmware developer. But I will not be posting a link here. It's just going screwup peoples slates.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
You can get it direct from the Eken server (when its up that is), ftp://ekenind.gicp.net/Note as with the M001 version of 1.9.0 its "touchy" at best and does need some work to get it stable, it doenst have any google apps (ie Market,Gmail) installed and Im have a damn hard time getting them to work.It also throws up acore errors for some people, in my testing Ive found these mainly connected to the default home and when using a different one like Home++ they disappear (people using other languages than English seem to have more errors than those in English).Its easy to get rooted (I can say that now but it took some time to fix) and swap works but not on each reboot.If you want I can upload it for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Roger Calver;38738]You can get it direct from the Eken server (when its up that is) said:
ftp://ekenind.gicp.net/[/URL]..................
I was try to connect to the FTP site but I couldn't download the firmware:
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (119,122,74,135,86,219)Command: RETR M003_Android_1.9.rarResponse: 550 Permission denied.Error: Critical file transfer error
Seems to be that a Username and Password is in Order!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.