Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread a while ago stating that sellers in Hong Kong were all shipping counterfeit high capacity cards. Danged if I can find it now, so I'm starting this one.I bought a card on E-Bay listed as 16G class 6 the day before I saw the warning thread. I purchased it with PayPal from eBay Member: wyaoyao2010. Because of the warning, when it arrived, I tested it for capacity. It was indeed counterfeit. It displayed as 16G, and had a label that looked authentic. Under test, it turned out to be a 2G card, class unknown. If I hadn't been warned, I would probably gone for weeks before it failed, and wasted hours trying to fix the "corrupt file."In highly entertaining "Chinglish," eBay Member: wyaoyao2010 said he would refund, then gave me a two-week run-around, ending with the statement that his PayPal account was under "Annual maintenance" preventing him from making refunds for some unspecified period of time. Probably until he stops being a crook, which is approximately "never."Don't buy large SD cards from Hong Kong sellers, based on the previous thread, I think they are all bogus. Don't buy from eBay Member: wyaoyao2010, though by now he has probably changed to a different user name.Lesson learned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have been cheated by these kinds of sellers. What is even worse is that some U.S. based sellers are now selling these Chinese counterfeit electronics. So now there is really no way of telling. I find it noteworthy that most of these counterfeits lack any company or manufacturer name on it - BIG RED FLAG.

·
Registered
576 Posts
It's VERY common. Just don't buy SD cards from an unknown seller. Personally I usually stick to newegg or sales w/good prices that sometimes Staple, OfficeMax, etc. have...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts