Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since upgrading the firmware to the latest and doing some of the basic hacks (new market fix, volume keys, etc) I've begun seeing this message every boot. It seems harmless, as the files on the SD card can still be accessed and the card itself used, but it is annoying and unnecessary. Anyone else seeing this or knows how to remove it?--bornagainpenguin

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='roebeet;38319]I have seen this before - and the same in my case (after a change I had done). It was at least a week back' date=' which is almost forever in this world, and has since disappeared. If I recall correctly, it was after I stated messing around with some of the PD Apps, removing some I didn't want.[/quote']Hmmm...I did remove a few of them. Maybe I should add them back in?[quote name='roebeet;38319]It seems that it's whenever you insert / remove an SD card' date=' one of the PD apps kicks in with this message instead of the normal one, and yes it seems harmless. In my case, I don't even see this popup anymore (good or bad message) because I removed the PDSync app, I think. This is the same app that throws the USB connected pop up when you connect to your PC.[/QUOTE'] Hmmm...I think I'll try removing that then and see if it also makes my problem go away. Harmless, sure--but annoying and it doesn't look good when showing off the device!is there a list of which Pandigital included apps we can remove without any sort of issues and which (if any?) are absolutely needed for proper device performance? What would be needed if I wanted to keep the default video player and nothing else? Or is there a better video player I should be using?--bornagainpenguinPS: Thanks for the info on PDSync!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nvrpayretail;38623 said:
Is there an advantage that deleting them provides?
Not roebeet, but according to an earlier post removing unused apps frees up system memory and makes the device perform better.--bornagainpenguin

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='roebeet;38470]I'm thinking that maybe removing the PDLauncher app' date=' without removing the PDSync app, causes this.On my tablet, I've removed the following without any [URL=issues:pDMusic.apkPDAdobeBook.apkPDLauncher.apkPDReader.apkPDCalendar.apkPDLauncher.apkPDAlarm.apkPDSearch.apkPDSync.apkBrowser.apkPDGallery.apkFor]issues:pDMusic.apkPDAdobeBook.apkPDLauncher.apkPDReader.apkPDCalendar.apkPDLauncher.apkPDAlarm.apkPDSearch.apkPDSync.apkBrowser.apkPDGallery.apkFor[/URL] the Browser, Alarm Clock, Gallery, and Browser - I install their vanilla Android counterparts. The browser looks a little strange, but as least it gets rid of the PDN buttons. Also keep in mind that don't use ADE (DRM laced books) so I don't need the PDN app for that.[/QUOTE'] Thanks for that listing, will give removal a try as soon as I have some free time to use up on it.--bornagainpenguin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.