Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,my file explorer shows me two interesting folders:-LocalDisc (it's the internal memory)-SDCardIf I don't insert an own SD Card, I'm able to see some files in the folder "SDCard". I'm wondering if this is a mounting point's problem?If I insert an SD Card, I see my own files on my SD Card in this folder - but I can't see the other files anymore. Also, when I insert my SD Card, I'll get an unexpected SD Card removal-error.I've installed Aldiko Ebook Reader, but Aldiko can't see my Ebooks on my SD Card (they have to be in /sdcard/eBooks/import). I think, Aldiko scans another SD Card folder...I've got 5 Ekens here, everyone with the same problem. I'm using the latest firmware (1.7.2).

·
Registered
83 Posts
The folder /sdcard is a mount point. You should not put files here when there is no card in the machine as they wont be visible when you do put the card in, or the card may fail to mount.While the device does have some spare storage, it is best to use the SD Card as the internal storage can be a bit slow, and any additional reads from it can slow the device down more (I have seen this on mine when using the 1GB of user storage space).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.