Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I tried ScummVM for Android and it's working on my EKEN M001, so I'm starting this topic to post which games are working on EKEN M001 using ScummVM. Here are some links:

Main site
FAQ
Downloads/Supported engines
Needed files to run the game
Compatibility and full/short names
Extras

I've tested only "Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars" Windows version and it's running good - a little slow, but the game doesn't require dynamics. It's full screen and it has extras (cut scenes and subtitles for them).

Playable:
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (Windows) - cut scenes must be downloaded separately. Audio must be OGG (FLAC not working). Subtitles available and work too (must be first enabled ingame).
Monkey Island 1 (Windows) - thanks to jayk2k

With problems:

Not playable:

Please post results (platform, playable, extras etc.) of games you tried and I'll update the list above. Happy gaming :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi, i'm running scummvm on the eken m001 and i'm trying to play Monkey Island 2 (ITA version) but i can't go past the security check, since i cannot pop up the virtual keyboard.They say that long-pressing the menu button pops up the keyboard, but it just pops up the save/options/quit menu.Can you please help me? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've downloaded every engine on the market (i've added the unique android id to my device), and the game start. I think it's the only one that i have that needs a keyboard, but i'd like to play it again on my tablet .....If it can be useful, i've the latest slatedroid firmware rooted, with enabled market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, I get it now. Thought all the old DOS games were available for download, but it's only a few. Others will need to be purchased and the necessary files copied over, along with the Scumm apk files/patch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK - Managed to get Beneath a Steel Sky working but don't appear to be able to get the character to action something. He appears to only 'look' at things. Is there a way to get him to 'use' as opposed to 'look'? Don't appear to be able to distinguish between the two options.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still cant get Beneath a Steel Sky to function other than getting the character to look at stuff. He wont pick up.Also, anyone know how to save games? Playing Flight of the Amazon Queen and want to save, but it doesn't allow me to. Is this not possible? (must find a walkthrough too as I'm stuck already, and that's only on the second room).Really would appreciate some help please.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Flight of the Amazon Queen, and indeed all games, should be able to save through the save/load options when you hit Menu. Failing that, try using the journal?Either way games that require right clicking won't work, which rules out quite a few of them. Most notably Curse of Monkey Island. The only way to get them to work is to remap one of the hardware buttons to be the Camera button. Which I don't know how to do.I also can't get the software keyboard to load like it's meant to.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Okay yeah I don't get it at all. Right clicking flat out doesn't work on SCUMMVM for Android. I've even gone as far as to remap the hard buttons to Camera and Search but still nada. I have since settled on remaping one to I for Curse of Monkey Island's inventory.ScummVM 1.2.0 released recently, but I think it requires Froyo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.