Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me? I can't scroll without accidentally selecting stuff. iPad uses multitouch to avoid this. Makes this tablet worthless to browse. Can someone remap the vol up and down to scroll?

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Have you tried to recalibrate it yet as that helps ?Also I find that if I touch the screen to lightly it selects but not when using using a more heavy touch, maybe look at a stylus as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's a pain allright. I have experimented with several different stylus's. One that will slide across the surface seems to be best. I find if you put the pressure on just off the screen, then follow through keeping the pressure constant, seems to work most time. Not so easy making a small change though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had problems with the scrolling, and I still haven't mastered it, but I'm a lot better at it now. The selection seems to happen if you briefly touch the screen. If you deliberately plant your finger, or whatever, on the screen and hold it there for a fraction of a second before moving it, you won't select, you'll scroll. OTOH I have an Ecotox flashed M001 and a standard one, and I don't know if it's the firmware or a difference in the screens, but the standard 1.74 version seems to work better than the Ecotox one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ive found that it SEEMS like that SOMETIMES it seems like even if i maintain pressure the screen acts like i let off on the pressure. so it might be a hardware issue too.ive found i have better control with a nintendo DS stylus than my finger though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I reckon it's counter intuitive. Because you keep selecting things when you try to scroll, the natural reaction is to try and scroll quicker and lighter.What you need to do is press firmly, then drag and slowly release. Even if it lights up to be selected, as long as you start dragging you won't actually select it (once you get the timing right)

·
Registered
247 Posts
It works well provided you do a couple of things. 1. Recalibrate with a fine-tipped object like a stylus. Do NOT use your finger. The tip is far too fat. 2. When you scroll, Touch-press (don't "flik")....and then move your finger up or down, keeping it in contact with the screen surface at all times. Then release. Or use a stylus.

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='jacobius;31328]hey ive done all that' date=' its just not top of the line in functionality. im at peace with it, but i can recognize its shortcomings[/QUOTE'] Ok. :) I know I had trouble with scrolling at first, too, but either I have learned how to do it so it works best or the device has been modified in some way so it works better. Maybe both. I generally have very few scrolling issues now.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.