Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello,

this script that I made gives you the possibility to fix the CPU clock on boot. I have set the frequency at 960Mhz but it will be possible after to modify this value.
Don't use any other application to fix the clock (SETCPU, Aunbutu,..)

Download the file CPU TWEAKS and unzipped it.

Run script_cpu.bat (rooted tablet required)

After the reboot, open QuickSysteminfo,SetCPU or Aunbutu to verify that the max frequency CPU is set at 960Mhz.

If it doesn't you can open the file install-recovery.sh in system/etc and verify that there is a blank line at the end. Save the file , remove install-recovery.sh_back and reboot.

To modify the parameters of the clock, go into the folder system/etc/virtuous_oc. Edit the file of your choice.

This script with EKEN firmware are great for G9.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello,

this script that I made gives you the possibility to fix the CPU clock on boot. I have set the frequency at 960Mhz but it will be possible after to modify this value.
Don't use any other application to fix the clock (SETCPU, Aunbutu,..)

Download the file CPU TWEAKS and unzipped it.

Run script_cpu.bat (rooted tablet required)

After the reboot, open QuickSysteminfo,SetCPU or Aunbutu to verify that the max frequency CPU is set at 960Mhz.

If it doesn't you can open the file install-recovery.sh in system/etc and verify that there is a blank line at the end. Save the file , remove install-recovery.sh_back and reboot.

To modify the parameters of the clock, go into the folder system/etc/virtuous_oc. Edit the file of your choice.

This script with EKEN firmware are great for G9.
It didn't work for me.
CPU was set at 1200mhz with EKEN 1.1

·
Registered
44 Posts
same here. i had great difficulties to bring the tablet in life after i tried your script.

i found two blank lines as friend mentioned above. i deleted the one but nothing happended.

any suggestions?
thanks for your help

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to delete the blank line, to save the file again and to remove the back file that it has been created.
See also in system/etc/virtuous_oc the right of each file. Set the right at rwxrwxrwx for each files.

I will make more tests to understand why the script isn't working very well!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You have to delete the blank line, to save the file again and to remove the back file that it has been created.
See also in system/etc/virtuous_oc the right of each file. Set the right at rwxrwxrwx for each files.

I will make more tests to understand why the script isn't working very well!
ok
when i did that it works
i set right at rwxrwxrwx for all files and delete the blank line

thanks

i think it would be better if you can make the eken firmware with speed at 960mhz from start. because when i first install the firmware i get continiusly force closes due to the high cpu at 1200mhz. after a lot fc's i manage to underclock it and it's working fine now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The clock is set at 960Mhz with the script file.
The better is to run the script in CWM so before to boot!
I need help or time for that!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what must be the attributes of the install-recovery.sh file? i deleted the last blank line but there is no backup file after i save the changes.
thanks
attributes of install-recovery.sh : rwxr--xr--x

I will work on the script to fix the installation problems!

·
Registered
44 Posts
it finally worked for me!
1. i run the jalhoucine script in order to start the boot process at 960mhz instead of the default value of 1200 mhz
2. i changed the attribute of all the files in system/etc/virtuous_oc folder and the install-recovery.sh file to "rwxrwxrwx" using solid explorer (tried ES file explorer with no luck)
3. delete the second blank line in install-recovery.sh file and save using ES file explorer (i tried to edit and save changes using solid explorer with no luck)
4. reboot and voila!!!! no need to plug the power cable everytime i boot the tablet!

thank you very much guys

ps--> is there any application for reboot/shutdown the tablet instead of using the hard button? i read someone had problems with the hard buttons, just few days/weeks after he bought his tablet

·
Registered
104 Posts
it finally worked for me!
1. i run the jalhoucine script in order to start the boot process at 960mhz instead of the default value of 1200 mhz
2. i changed the attribute of all the files in system/etc/virtuous_oc folder and the install-recovery.sh file using solid explorer (tried ES file explorer with no luck)
3. delete the second blank line in install-recovery.sh file and save using ES file explorer (i tried to edit and save changes using solid explorer with no luck)
4. reboot and voila!!!! no need to plug the power cable everytime i boot the tablet!

thank you very much guys

ps--> is there any application for reboot/shutdown the tablet instead of using the hard button? i read someone had problems with the hard buttons, just few days/weeks after he bought his tablet
1. Thanx for the instructions. Will try now...

2. Quick Boot

·
Registered
20 Posts
it would be great if someone can give a detailed explanation on this.

I still face a lot of issues gettng the tab to life..
if you install firmware do it with format option, and when the firmware completed and at the first boot immediately plug the power cable and leave it connected, this is the only way for me to boot the tablet without freezing until i run the script and underclock the cpu, after underclock it work fine. i have the black back cover gemei.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i got this fixed...u just need to open the install-recovery.sch file using any android file explorer ( i used ES file explorer) after installation and then ensure that u have a blank line below the last line of text.(the cursor shud be in the start of the second blank line) and save the file.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm having some trouble understanding what is meant by changing the attributes to ". Set the right at rwxrwxrwx for each files" could you explain more on this?

I already made sure have one line in the install-recovery file.

·
Registered
26 Posts
rwx means read,write and execute...this is similar to the permissions that u set from windows. however in this case u need to do it from an android OS.

Once u installed the script, browse for this file using ES file explorer, then select properties for this file and enable read write and execute perms for this file. This is because if rwx permissions are not present u cannot save ur changes

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm having some trouble understanding what is meant by changing the attributes to ". Set the right at rwxrwxrwx for each files" could you explain more on this?

I already made sure have one line in the install-recovery file.
here some pics showing what madman83 is saying:

pic #1-> left column shows us the contents of the virtuous folder. on the right of each file you can see the "xxxx" permissions
pic #2-> permissions window of the sleep_governor file
pic #3-> changing permissions

hope that helps

ps->i use solid explorer

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks guys got it and now feel like a fool lol! I did the change (I use root explorer), but since then my Gemei isn't booting up. It keeps freezing after boot up, I'm not even sure if it worked or not. That'll suck if it doesn't work!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks guys got it and now feel like a fool lol! I did the change (I use root explorer), but since then my Gemei isn't booting up. It keeps freezing after boot up, I'm not even sure if it worked or not. That'll suck if it doesn't work!
while its stuck on boot press and hold for 10 sec the power button to shut down your machine. then plug the power cable and boot. unplugged the cable once it boots and connect the usb cable using the port next to power button. run the jalhoucine'scrip (test your connection first-option #1) and make all the above permissions changes and editing.
hope it works

1 - 20 of 45 Posts