Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,So I opened up my Wits to remove the plastic screenprotector (it was getting all scratchy, which annoyed me), and I decided to disconnect the screen from the mainboard to make the process of removing the cover easier. Indeed, it did. But, when I reconnected the 4-pin fpc cable from the screen, I damaged it (the cable) somehow and now the touchscreen obviously isn't working anymore. I need some advice as to were I can find this particular cable (I've looked all over web, but can't find any that seems to fit), or perhaps some DIY workaround. The following picture (I've 'borrowed' the pic from Slatedroid user 'xaueious', I hope he doesn't mind) shows the cable in question.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated! ( except if it involves lecturing me about not messing with stuff one shouldn't
)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I knocked mine off a table...It was connected to a usb cable. I thought I was ok until I tried to plug in the usb cable again. I opened and removed the loose port. SO sad but atleast I can connect using adb connect ip.ip.ip.ip

·
Registered
21 Posts
a80what;52830]the plastic is a screenprotector? I thought it was the touchscreen overlay.[/QUOTE] Nah said:
I knocked mine off a table...It was connected to a usb cable. I thought I was ok until I tried to plug in the usb cable again. I opened and removed the loose port. SO sad but atleast I can connect using adb connect ip.ip.ip.ip
That sucks man. Though. atleast you can still touch the screen and things respond. I can boot it, look at the pretty lockscreen..but that's it. Well, I can adb into the device, but why the hell would I bother now anymore!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.