Android Tablets Forum banner

screen stuck on first boot screen

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  janDr0id 
#1 ·
I tried flashing different roms. Most gave me the usual problems like no touch etc.

I then copied the env_boot file from another unit, flashed it and now its stuck on the boot screen.

It cannot be reflashed as it doesnt pass the first screen.

Please help, is there a way to get into the recovery mode on this tab?

#2 ·
I am not aware of a recovery mode...
the env_boot... was that from another MID V8 device or something else...
- if something else then...

Tasselhof

#4 ·
Hi,

I would suggest you head over to http://techknow.freeforums.org and try installing uberoid v6 final. It comes with a "changer.bat" which generates different env_uboot files. Based on the fact you say it has a green led and vibrate start with option 6,4 and 15. If you find one that works you can use the env_uboot from that install and try it on any other rom you wish to use. uberoid is meant to be universal for wm8650 tablets so one of the 8 inch options should work...

This forum is specifically for the midv8 sold by merimobiles and has a blue led and no vibrate. So that is why the roms here are not working for you.

give uberoid a try though you should find a setting that gets you up and running and then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what exact device you have and make it easier for you to flash whichever rom you like.

cheers,

Disko

#7 ·
Hi Disko, you seem to know much about these Tablets! I got a question for you, i got the mid v8 from merimobiles.com, blue led no vibrate as you said, which number i should choose in changer.bat for Uberoid v9? I am already registered over there in techknow-forums...

Thanks a lot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.