Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as soon as I plugged the bogus charger in (I am trying other chargers as I write this) and turned the unit on, any pressure on the back makes the screen go crazy colors like when you press too hard on LCD scree, Could this be from the weak battery charge? Has anyone else had this problem with this or the 001?I will not be able to charge until later tonight and will report back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow,Right out the box. How long and who did you order from? I am seriously rethinking the whole Eken M003 experience.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it from DealExtreme. Ordered on 5/26, paid the extra $17 for EMS shipping and it arrived in South Florida today June 8th. Just two days shy of two weeks. I know if I send it back, I will loose my shipping cost and return shipping to their drop box in Miami Florida. I really wanted it to work... at least as badly as all have commented. Even to just play around with until a suitable unit comes out or they improve the IPAD with a camera and USB.I have it on a substitute 9v (2 amp capacity dvd charger) charger now... drawing 400 milliamps (while off and 950 while powered on). Even with the charge showing at 50% earlier this evening, it was still having the "crazy colors" (much like a negative of a photo"). I am going to let it charge another hour or two and report back

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.. I fully charged the unit... and it ran for more than two hours, but the screen problem is here to stay. If you squeeze the sides of the unit....it must take the pressure off the back (and the screen internally) and the screen rendering color is normal. If you stop squeezing it, the harsh random color patterns take over the screen.I am very disappointed. I will be sending it back to DX when they authorize the return. If I thought it was worth taking it apart, I would. But honestly, I was not impressed with the performance ignoring the screen problem. I will elaborate on other posts in hopes of helping other until I find another device.Thanks to those that post follow up

·
Registered
16 Posts
hmm.. i think u better send it back.. something wrong with the device.. anyway.. can someone tell me what the eye like icon stand for [ next the time or -ne volume ].. cause i dont have that icon.. or maybe i disable it somewhere.. hmm..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.